PDA

View Full Version : Alloy Wheel Repairers in Sydney

Make it work
12th December 2007, 05:09 PM
Hi all,
Recently some clown decided he wanted to change lanes on to me on the M4 and hit the rear of my car with his truck damaging the wheel arch and the face & edge of my rear wheel.

I have all the details, so it is insured, but a new wheel is over $1000 and I am not sure the insurer is going to supply a new one if it can be repaired.

Question is has anyone had any alloy wheels repaired and can recommend the repairer?

Thanks in advance.

woodbe
12th December 2007, 05:22 PM
According to the posts on a car forum I visit every now and then:

Alloy Pro at Atarmon. Nice guys, excellent work and service. 9966 8788.

woodbe.

Make it work
12th December 2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks, I'll give them a call, but would be interested in any others to compare.

dazzler
12th December 2007, 09:49 PM
They should replace it with a new one as it would be too much stuffing around for them to arrange its repair.

Gra
12th December 2007, 10:13 PM
Not your fault, you shouldnt be stuffed around and a repaired wheel isnt as safe as a new wheel. Screw the bastards quote em for a new wheel

addo
12th December 2007, 10:26 PM
Stuart Schofield, in Thornleigh. I think he trades as the Wheel Repair Centre. He'd remember me as the fellow who stored his MGA twincam for a few months last year.

FWIW, the car should be checked on a chassis jig now, and will need realigning for sure.

Regards, Adam.

Chris Parks
15th December 2007, 09:33 PM
They should replace it with a new one as it would be too much stuffing around for them to arrange its repair.

Why not? If it has superficial grazing there is no problem. I would bet money no wheel repairer would do anything that resulted in an unsafe road wheel.

dazzler
16th December 2007, 10:48 AM
Why not? If it has superficial grazing there is no problem. I would bet money no wheel repairer would do anything that resulted in an unsafe road wheel.

Who said superficial grazing :?

This was the statement;

"damaging the wheel arch and the face & edge of my rear wheel."

As to stuffing around, the repairer would need to find a repairer who can repair it to the condition it was in pre accident AND guarantee the work AND ensure its done in the time it takes them to remove a guard, paint the new guard and reinstall. Far easier to get a new one and the customer wont complain.

If you were uninsured then I imagine u would go down this line as well as having them repair / bog the guard to save money.

I just cant why there would be an issue with it, unless of course it wasnt specified in the insurance contract :? and could become an issue.

Chris Parks
16th December 2007, 12:20 PM
Or they were aftermarket road wheels not specified in the insurance agreement or can't be sourced any longer.

addo
24th December 2007, 07:22 AM
Any action on this one, Alan?

Cheers, Adam.

Make it work
28th February 2008, 05:11 PM
Update, the car and wheel have been repaired.

The bodywork was done by Still One Automotive at Granville and they organised the wheel to go to Virgin Wheel Repairs. I am pleased to say both look as good as new.