PDA

View Full Version : Burnishing microcrystalline wax

Alex
21st November 2003, 12:04 AM
Hi good boys and girls

Someone told me as the "Beckett's" microcrystalline wax could give a lot better results than EEE.

Any experiences?????

Thank you

Alex

macca2
21st November 2003, 11:28 AM
I have been using Arbortec Burnishing wax which I believe is similar to Becketts.

After the Arbortec Wax became unavailable I changed to Shellawax (on advice from those who know these things) and the results are stunning.

Better than burnishing wax, and very easy to use too.

Macca

ubeaut
22nd November 2003, 04:34 PM
Arbortec Burnishing wax (Beckett's in disguise and no longer available) gives a similar finish to EEE-Ultra Shine, however it is not compatible with Shellawax so don't try to use it under Shellawax, Shellawax Cream or Shellawax Glow as it won't work.

Microcrystalline - refers to petroleum based man made waxes similar to paraffin. They are odourless and used to blend with paraffin and other waxes, mainly for candle making, and other good stuff like chewing gum.

This quote is from Shell about their Microcrystalline wax: ideal for a great may applications including the production of petroleum jelly, chewing gum, and cosmetics. HMP is an important blend component for hot-melt adhesives, coatings and the ink industry. Approved for indirect food contact by the US and German government.

EEE on the other hand is made from natural vegetable, animal and fossil waxes that are not only approved for contact with food but are used as the polish on a large variety of confectionary lines including M&M's, also pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, many other foods and as a preservative on fruits.

Don't get me wrong I am not knocking Beckett's Burnishing Wax, quite the contrary, I believe it is a very good product. If you really want to find out which is the berter buy both and give them a try. But remember that the EEE-Ultra Shine was designed to be compatible with the entire range of U-Beaut products as well as work with most other finishes. To my knowledge there are no others that will do this.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers - Neil http://www.ubeaut.biz/wave.gif
U-Beaut Polishes (http://www.ubeaut.com.au/ubhome.htm)

Alex
23rd November 2003, 12:45 AM
Thank you Neil. I, acctually have never before tried Beckett's wax, and, as I posted, that was, only what I've heard.

Once again - thanks

Alex