PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt Mitre Saw-right bevel adjustment?

blockhed
14th December 2007, 11:14 PM
:~
hi there!
i have a Dewalt 305mm double bevelled sliding compound mitre saw.
i can tilt the saw to the left for a left bevel cut, but the saw will not tilt to the right for a right bevel cut. is there another lever or something at the back that i can adjust for the right bevel cut?
the saw is 2 years old.
regards
the block
:doh:

funkychicken
15th December 2007, 12:01 AM
Well Mitre saws typically only bevel one way

alex54
15th December 2007, 03:05 AM
The Dewalt 707 of mine only tilts one way. You have to flip the wood to do the opposite bevel cut and/or head and toe the board.:;

pawnhead
15th December 2007, 03:38 AM
There should be an upside down V shaped button on the back of the guide rail, that you depress to tilt it past perpendicular to the right.

Honorary Bloke
15th December 2007, 03:55 AM
:whs: It can be a bit tricky to find, but don't give up--it's there. :)

pawnhead
15th December 2007, 09:41 AM
It may be an 'un-blokey' thing to do, but when all else fails, read the instructions. :wink:

Edit; It may be hard to press if you're pushing the saw to the right. Tilt it slightly to the left and the button should press in easily.

another termite
15th December 2007, 06:11 PM
There should be an upside down V shaped button on the back of the guide rail, that you depress to tilt it past perpendicular to the right.

Look for the V mine has it at the back you just press and lift it.(or something like it)

blockhed
16th December 2007, 11:23 PM

That's it!:D
i was pushing the damn thing in the middle and it was'nt moving.
when pushed at the top, it did it's job DOH!:doh:
thanks for the replies guys all fixed.
regards
the block
:doh: