PDA

View Full Version : First Post

kkwall
15th December 2007, 07:33 PM
Hi All,

This is my first post on this pen turning area! I have been turning pens for a couple of years now.

The following items are a couple of desk sets that I made. They are made out of Burr elm, with African Blackwood, Leadwood and walnut details.

Any comments welcome.

smagrath
15th December 2007, 08:18 PM
nice effort ... I think it looks well finished.

My only criticism is that the materials when ensembled together should be more contrasting... what do you think?

Nice job.

schaf
15th December 2007, 09:19 PM
Hi KKwall,

Welcome to our forum. You will find that they are a nice bunch of guys here and you will enjoy the company.
Scotland where is that.

Terry

Penpal
15th December 2007, 10:24 PM
Welcome,unusual to see a desk set for me,the timber is competing with the opener and pen,I can only imagine how each piece in the puzzle is good.wonderfull the way it is done.

Scotland centre of the universe,I have heard it said there are Scots and those that claim to be,count myself among those ,my family left in 1841 and emigrated to Sth Australia from next to Edinburgh.

Look forward to your contributions. Peter:2tsup:

artme
15th December 2007, 11:09 PM
Seen this elsewhere. Good workmanship.:2tsup::)

kkwall
16th December 2007, 02:43 AM
Thanks everyone.

I am pleased with the way they have turned out, but they could be more modern for my taste.

Scotland is certainly the centre of the universe. Lovely place to live.

Begs the question why I am leaving to set up home in Melbourne next year!:B

Better climate, and better lifestyle. Thats my excuse and I am sticking to it.:p

Look forward to posting more in the months ahead.

Best Regards,
kenny.

ss_11000
16th December 2007, 02:58 AM
:2tsup: nice work mate.

at least you chose a good aussie city to live in. i absolutely loved melbourne when i was there.