PDA

View Full Version : Basic wood working tools?

3 cav 84a
16th December 2007, 01:07 PM
G'day, new bloke here, could anyone suggest what would be a basic took kit for woodworking, my first project I have in mind is a speaker box the same as the one below.
I have already made the amplifier and have the timber to make it (Qld Kauri) although to start with I intend to make the cabinet with MDF first to practice on. Have been looking on eBay and local papers etc for a 2nd hand Triton set up. Regards Neil

wheelinround
16th December 2007, 01:16 PM
G'day, new bloke here, could anyone suggest what would be a basic took kit for woodworking, my first project I have in mind is a speaker box the same as the one below.
I have already made the amplifier and have the timber to make it (Qld Kauri) although to start with I intend to make the cabinet with MDF first to practice on. Have been looking on eBay and local papers etc for a 2nd hand Triton set up. Regards Neil

That greatly depends on you Neil power tools or hand tools :?

what you have and what you need to get you going its been ramdled on previously do a search for basic tools and see what you find

Brown Dog
16th December 2007, 07:52 PM
g'day and welcome Neil

here is a list that I think a serious woodworker would need to aquire as a basic kit....over time this of course will be added to. :D

see here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showpost.php?p=520075&postcount=11)

cheers
BD:2tsup: