PDA

View Full Version : Wooden It Be Nice

wheelinround
23rd December 2007, 07:44 PM
Youngest son turned up today with ute full Melaluca and few bits of other stuff

I wish I could use it and store it all have had to send largest pieces to FIL's where it will possibly end up as next winter's fire wood.

I got some though the small stack in the garage

While I was deciding if I should just take the lot or not we had a visitor he ran and came back twice.

Woodlee
23rd December 2007, 10:54 PM
Youngest son turned up today with ute full Melaluca and few bits of other stuff

I wish I could use it and store it all have had to send largest pieces to FIL's where it will possibly end up as next winter's fire wood.

I got some though the small stack in the garage

While I was deciding if I should just take the lot or not we had a visitor he ran and came back twice.

Nice .
I picked up six small logs of mahogany (African ) and some other unknown timber last week , from trees cut during a chainsaw course .I'ts been laying by the road side for about 2 years.I finally decided no one else wanted it so I loaded it into my ute.
Just have to cut it up .It may have some white ant tracks in it ,but I should get some thing out of it to make a box or two.
I think the unknow is some sort of cassia or neem .

BTW did you get the dogs wool?
Will send some more when the post office opens.

Kev.

wheelinround
24th December 2007, 07:16 AM
Nice .
I picked up six small logs of mahogany (African ) and some other unknown timber last week , from trees cut during a chainsaw course .I'ts been laying by the road side for about 2 years.I finally decided no one else wanted it so I loaded it into my ute.
Just have to cut it up .It may have some white ant tracks in it ,but I should get some thing out of it to make a box or two.
I think the unknow is some sort of cassia or neem .

BTW did you get the dogs wool?
Will send some more when the post office opens.

Kev.

Good find Kev

Not yet but mail delivery today hasn't been yet will let you know ASAP

munruben
24th December 2007, 09:07 AM
I see you picked out the best logs.:):2tsup: Look forward to seeing what you make out of some of them. Looks great.

wheelinround
24th December 2007, 02:50 PM
Got time to check it today properly its as dry as hard as a rock so it may end up as fire wood also will have to wait till after the festive season to see.

In what went down to FIl's I saw Clock faces, small table tops, and more go to get a chain saw and more room 5 acres would be nice with a 1 acre shed not greedy am I.