PDA

View Full Version : new lathe

cadeuceus
23rd December 2007, 09:12 PM
Just bought a lathe and turned my first piece of wood!!! WOO HOO!! it was fun and although a seasoned turner would turn up their nose at the quality, i thought it was great.!!! Only problem - i only have standard chisels, so am in the market for proper turning gouges / chisels. If anyone has any old ones that they don't want - i need some and will buy them!

robyn2839
23rd December 2007, 09:55 PM
mate have a look at northwood tools they have turning chisels cheap as and they are great chisels,check them out .bob

Skew ChiDAMN!!
24th December 2007, 12:51 AM
If you thought it was fun with ordinary chisels, you'll be rapt with some proper gouges and scrapers.

Welcome to the ranks of woodturners. :)

(And sorry - I don't have any "spare" tools. My "crap" tools still have a place in the shed... or are so bad I wouldn't wish them on anybody else, let alone a novice. :shrug:)

weisyboy
24th December 2007, 10:01 AM
congratlations.

and welcome to the addiction.

i have some old hs chisels here i no longer use as i got a heap of henry taylor chissels. you can have them for the cost of the postage. i am always glad to help new turners.

if you are interested i will post pics there is 6 i think

cadeuceus
24th December 2007, 07:43 PM
Hell yes, I would love the old chisels (PM sent) and I REALLY appreciate the generous offer. Thanks alot and merry christmas.
Gavin