PDA

View Full Version : Santa and the lathe

rsser
24th December 2007, 02:35 PM
It's a little known fact that between gigs Santa does some woodturning.

When he goes out to cut a hole in the ice to fish he occasionally finds some ancient beech. He brings it back to the igloo shed and whips up some special pieces for those who've been really good. 'Course there's no 240 or 120v up there so he hooks Rudolph up in a treadmill and sets to work on a modded treadly - just like Skew's. And the real reason Rudolph has a red nose is that the shavings spiralling off the lathe stain the poor reindeer's nose. The slander is quite untrue that it's caused by emptying Mrs Claus's many half-drunk sherry glasses.

Santa's elves are especially careful to get woodturners' gift requests right cos they know if Xmas turns out well for us lots of other folk will get presents that are a wonderful surprise.

So what will Santa have brought for you this Xmas?

btw, best wishes for tomorrow and happy New Year :wink:

Calm
24th December 2007, 02:40 PM
Ern, do you think a stubby is asking tooooooooooo much??:D (Lathe that is)

rsser
24th December 2007, 03:40 PM
Well David, I can't really speak for Santa (well, not after tomorrow, since the wood heater is now burning and he's gunna get a singed ar*se tonight), but I'd guess that he might not look favorably on Stubbies as the one time he tried one it broke up the ice floor of the igloo.

But of course you've been treely rooly good haven't you ?? And he did hear you add the words in brackets when you sat on his knee ??

(If not, you'll know why he left a slab of black-painted stubbies of VB under your tree :p ).

Harry72
24th December 2007, 10:35 PM
Mc Electric chainsaw... just the thing to preshape blanks with!

lubbing5cherubs
24th December 2007, 10:43 PM
Ern, no wonder you can turn so could with a creative mind like that? You have a merry christmas and top new year. What do you hope to find under your tree. Mine what I want I don't think Santa can deliver. I want more time in a day. I think for that I have to talk to the man upstairs to get that one done.
Have a merry Christmas All
bye Toni

rsser
25th December 2007, 07:17 AM
Toni, one of Santa's elves whispered that I'd get something to help with my big jobs and something to help with my little jobs.

This rather offended me as you can imagine. I'm not that old.

I was going to have a go at the little sod but I'm holding on to see what happens.