PDA

View Full Version : Chain link

cossi
26th December 2007, 11:40 PM
hey guys, hope you are all having a great festive season!
i have had a few problems with my sherwood combination thicknesser/planer lately. first it would not feed. i found out that the sprocket was seized. Timbecon were fantasitic and promply got me a new one for pretty cheap. i then went to install it and i noticed that the chainlink used to join the chain had broken. :doh: i tried everywhere to find somewhere that had one, but being christmas eve, and yet to finish christmas presents, i just got a new chain. please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area, but the old chain has not had much use and i would like to keep it as a back up. where would i find these chain links??? :? i tried a few places with no luck at all. not in a hurry as it is up and running now :2tsup:, just after some info so i don't have to chuck out a good relativley new chain! :D
cheers guys
steve

hcbph
27th December 2007, 07:34 AM
Many times you can find something comparable at farm equipment dealerships. Various pieces of farm gear have chains that need to be either adjusted or repaired and they have split links just for that purpose. This is assuming you can't find one at the place you bought your tool. Another might be something like motorcycle or ATV repair shops.

Good luck

Paul

Brickie
27th December 2007, 07:59 AM
Try a motor bike and or bike shop, chainsaw shop..:2tsup:

cossi
27th December 2007, 10:49 AM
thanks giuys i'll try chase it up when chrisie is over.... too busy at the mo. and everywhere is shut.
thanks heaps!