PDA

View Full Version : Woodford Folk Fest

Andy Mac
31st December 2007, 04:47 PM
Hi there,
Just got home from the Woodford Folk Festival, having escaped a couple of days earlier than planned, due to the stinking MUD! Wasn't much fun with 3 kids and a river flowing through the annexe. We only just made it out, but left our caravan there and will return for it later, hopefully when the place has dried out a bit. The grounds are so sodden and chewed-up the organisers have redirected day trippers into the nearest town where they are met by coaches to ferry them in!:oo: In 2 days time there will be an absolute debacle getting all the camper's vehicles out, as rain is set to continue from the deepening low. Only 14mm in the gauge back home though:(.
The festival itself was good value as usual, excellent entertainment and food etc, and some wonderful people-watching!! :2tsup: I ran 4 half day workshops on stick whittling with my mobile bench setup, plus dragged along a shaving horse. Reasonable attendance to them, and it was fun. Also had a mechanical shadow theatre on display for night times. All that stuff I have to return for, when I rescue the caravan.
Here's a shot of one small section of the camp grounds, our caravan roof is just visible in the centre poking above the white van.

Cheers, and Happy New Year:)

Tonyz
31st December 2007, 07:21 PM
strike not a hippie vehicle in sight ...........must have been boring.

ernknot
31st December 2007, 10:21 PM
Don't ya love that moisture?

RufflyRustic
1st January 2008, 09:09 PM
Hi Andy!

Congrats on surviving the rain! Yes, it was a shame we got squat diddly here compared to the areas closer to the coast :(

Glad to hear you and your family had a fun time and that your classes were a success.

Cheers
Wendy