PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Electrical Apprenticeship in Melbourne, VIC

OzJohn
4th January 2008, 01:29 AM
Hi,

I realise this is a woodworking forum, but...
I'm looking for a 1st year Electrical Apprenticeship in Melbourne, Victoria.

If anyone can help out at all, or knows of any electricians, please message me and i can provide some more info.

I have completed a Pre-App, and worked once a week with an electrical contractor for 3 months.

Thanks,

John

cromagnon
10th March 2008, 02:26 PM
I'm in the same boat, wanting to switch careers and learn a new trade.
it's depressing, have a look at this trades forum, and it is just page after page of people begging for an apprenticeship.
http://www.etradesman.com.au/discuss/default.asp?page=2&order=

I remember the good old days when Victoria used to have Technical colleges, until they were scrapped and merged with high schools into secondary colleges. Australia was to become the "clever" country apparently, by heaping scorn upon the blue collar professions, whilst steering kids into useless arts degrees. Real clever.

cromagnon
14th March 2008, 06:05 PM
Hi,

If anyone can help out at all, or knows of any electricians, please message me and i can provide some more info.

I have completed a Pre-App, and worked once a week with an electrical contractor for 3 months.

Thanks,

John

Here you go John, I'd move fast on this if I were you...1st year Electrician's apprenticeships are thin on the ground these days it seems

Salary: Apprentice Award

Last modified 14/03/2008 - Job ID: 173672222

Busy electrical company is looking for an apprentice electrician with some experience. (6mths, 1st, 2nd or 3rd year) 50% of the installation of electrical supplies is domestic, other 50% is commercial and industrial. All facets of electrical services, electricity, internet, data, computer networking, telephones are some examples of the variety of work involved. 38hr/wk award wage for apprentice. MUST HAVE OWN VEHICLE. Apply now to fax 9705-3599 PLEASE SUPPLY YOUR JOB SEEKER ID NUMBER (if applicable)

Preferred Licence(s):
Car.

This position is Permanent, Full-Time ( hours: 38 hrs/wk )

To apply, please fax your application and resume to Kath at Sarina Russo Job Access;Fountain Gate on 0397053599.

Job Seekers who have a Job Network Card are encouraged to apply.

link (http://jobsearch.gov.au/SearchResults/Job.aspx?st=10&WHCode=0&rgn=7114vsou%2c7114vpen%2c7114vsea&print=0&NumMJL=0&CommJobs=0&CurPage=1&TotalRec=68&JobPos=6&JobID=173672222&SortDir=0&SortField=0&)

OzJohn
9th May 2008, 08:17 PM

As of April... no longer searching!

Now the 4 year journey begins...

daniel d
6th August 2008, 11:32 AM
I am also looking for an electrical apprenticeship.I am 21 years old and very keen i realise this is a woodwork forom i just want to cover every option if anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]

sparx
14th February 2009, 11:59 PM
Looking For Electrical Installation Apprenticeship, Have Completed 2 of 3 Years Training/Exams Here in UK. Domestic, Commercial, Data, HVAC, Testing Experience. CV Available.
Emigrating to Aus June / July . Sale Area.

505jennyl
16th November 2009, 12:07 PM
Try the apply direct website for work/apprenticeships directly with employers nationally @ www.applydirect.com.au (http://www.applydirect.com.au)