PDA

View Full Version : Symtec Wood Lathe Users

Peter Gibbs
31st December 1999, 09:01 PM
I have purchased a new Symtec lathe and would be interested in contacting other users.

Shane Watson
3rd January 2000, 09:34 AM
Hi Peter.

I have had a Symtec lathe for a number of years. It has been good to me, although not my first choice of lathe. You are more than welcome to email me if you want..

Cheers
Shane..

graywilly64
15th June 2005, 04:49 PM
I have purchased a new Symtec lathe and would be interested in contacting other users.

Peter do you still reside in ballarat? 15-06-2005 [email protected]

ptc
15th June 2005, 06:34 PM
I have one as well. 1994.
be happy to hear from you.

TimberNut
16th June 2005, 01:22 PM
I've got one that I've had for about 10 years. Just recently bought a Vicmarc, and looking to sell the Symtec. Pity you didn't contact me, we could have worked something out.

If any of your mates is looking for one also, get them to contact me first.

It's still in use when I want to do spirals and other 'features' so feel free to contact me.

Ian

graywilly64
17th June 2005, 01:06 AM
I was wondering if you had been able to access a supplier for the cutting tool seeing as symtec seem to have folded

TimberNut
17th June 2005, 11:22 AM
willy, help me find a buyer for mine, and i'll give you the spare cutter that I have (never used, still wrapped and packed in grease).

I'mot willing to part with it until I sell the lathe, but if you help me find a buyer, consider it a 'finders fee'.

Ian

Harry72
18th June 2005, 11:01 PM
A freind of mine had one of those symtec copy lathes, for cutting tool insert for the copy handle he used recycled metal... old red postie scooter back axles with a bit of grinding, he reckoned they held edge longer than the original symtec ones!