PDA

View Full Version : screw size for stanley tote

spearby
4th January 2008, 02:55 PM
hi can anyone tell me please the screw size for the front of a stanley tote i have been to wachope and port macquarie no body has any thing like it thanking you all spearby:doh:

jmk89
4th January 2008, 03:01 PM
I think that it is LH 3/16" UNF or LH 1/4" UNF

Ivan in Oz
4th January 2008, 03:32 PM
G'day Spearby,

How many TPI is it?
Threads Per Inch

What is the Major [Outside] Diameter?
The Diameter across the peaks.

What is the Minor Diameter?
The Diameter across the nearest 'Vees' or hollows.

Is it infact LHT or RHT

Also a Picture of your welder for the other Thread requesting Info would assist.

Woodlee
4th January 2008, 09:03 PM
hi can anyone tell me please the screw size for the front of a stanley tote i have been to wachope and port macquarie no body has any thing like it thanking you all spearby:doh:\\\\

It depends on where the plane was manufactured and when .
Stanley didnt use standard threads ,and later planes manufactured in England had non standard metric threads.
I dont know what threads were used in US manufactured planes.

Stanley sells a spares kit of plane bolts and nuts ,I bought one last year for $25.00 .It has nearly every bolt and nut required for a Stanley plane.(Except for the screw that holds the frog adjustment bracket.)
Infact you get two of every thing except the brass blade adjuster.
Part number 1-12-702

funkychicken
4th January 2008, 10:48 PM
\\

It depends on where the plane was manufactured and when .
Stanley didnt use standard threads ,and later planes manufactured in England had non standard metric threads.
I dont know what threads were used in US manufactured planes.

Stanley sells a spares kit of plane bolts and nuts ,I bought one last year for $25.00 .It has nearly every bolt and nut required for a Stanley plane.(Except for the screw that holds the frog adjustment bracket.)
Infact you get two of every thing except the brass blade adjuster.
Part number 1-12-702

Thanks Woodlee, I've got a few planes with missing bits