PDA

View Full Version : Australia day car display in Melb

Gra
7th January 2008, 11:01 PM
Just a heads up for those interested.

There will be a car display, sponsored by the RACV of cars for 1900 - 1960 in the domain (Behind the shrine) in St kilda rd Melbourne on Australia day (The saturday not the public holiday).

Come along and have a look and if you see a group of Graham Paige's, Ask for Neil (I may even be wearing my forum cap)

wheelinround
8th January 2008, 01:23 PM
Some pics would be nice Gra if you don't mind :D

Gra
8th January 2008, 10:01 PM
Some pics would be nice Gra if you don't mind :D

Will see what I can do for you wheelin

wheelinround
9th January 2008, 07:49 AM
ty Gra

Gra
27th January 2008, 12:40 AM
Here they are

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg4/graham_paige/Australia%20Day%202008/

wheelinround
27th January 2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks Gra excellent photo's :2tsup::2tsup:

Ah the days of crash boxes, mechanical break which needed to be pushed with leg power to stop, setting magnito's and spark arrestors, cone and leather clutch's, Armstrong steering, the wind in your hair.

there are a couple that look familiar from my days at Greens Motorcade Museum of course that was back early 70's and many may have changed hands since then.

I idn't go but here are some pics of the Sydney historical Bus http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28990

graemet
27th January 2008, 10:39 PM
The NRMA ran one of the biggest displays I have ever seen of Veteran, Vintage and Classic cars yesterday. College street was closed from Park Street all the way into Macquarie Street down as far as Bent Street. Hundreds of cars angle parked both sides and down the middle. Everything you ever lusted after on 4 wheels and some you thought would never be kept by anybody. A Lightburn Zeta, Mayflowers, Austin Princess, Armstrong Siddely, every MG series, de Dions, Talbots, more Model T Fords than should still be running, some Goggomobiles, yank tanks, Holdens, Falcons, Valiants, on and on for over a kilometer.
Cheers
Graeme

graemet
27th January 2008, 11:01 PM
:worthless:

wheelinround
28th January 2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the pis Graeme

It has grown I recall the fist year they did it in the Rocks haven't been since then.