PDA

View Full Version : Small Stuff

DarrylF
3rd December 2003, 09:49 PM
With all the tiny turning going on, seems like a table to place it on is needed. Made this back in 1989. Took up making small stuff for a while after I busted both shoulders (don't ask).

DarrylF
3rd December 2003, 09:50 PM
Another pic with the table top tilted.

Sir Chiz
6th December 2003, 04:16 AM
Darryl,those are Great! :cool:
looking at the joint bewteen the back leg and the seat,it appears you didn't compromise construction for the size.
Neat stuff!!
Both shoulder?!?!? yeeouch!

Now ya need a place setting and a vaze full of flowers! :D

Chiz.

minis4meau
19th January 2004, 05:21 PM
Darryl, that table and chair is fantastic. It is nice to see something that resembles contemporary furniture instead of the heavy Victorian stuff. Is it 1/12th?
Sorry I am so late on noticing your post, I am just backtracking over pics I missed.
Love to see some more of your mini work.
Barbara

Tonyz
19th January 2004, 10:18 PM
Amazing :) Can you please advise as to how you made such a large 50c coin? Give you get reserve Bank approval:D Tonto

DarrylF
22nd January 2004, 06:09 AM
Thanks :) It is 1/12th scale. I made a lot of it back in '88/89 and sold basically all of it. That's the only piece I kept. Most of my stuff was Regency or Australian Colonial style. I still have some pics around somewhere - I'll dig them out & scan them when I have a chance.

There are people who can build 1/12th scale will completely accurate joinery - dovetailed drawers, the whole bit. Amazing work. Beyond my patience :)