PDA

View Full Version : Carbatec now sells Woodfast

Big Shed
9th January 2008, 04:26 PM
Picked up this months' issue of AWW and saw an ad by Carbatec announcing they now stock and sell Woodfast machinery.

This ties in with me spotting a Woodfast tablesaw in their Springvale showroom a couple of months ago.

In the same issue there is also an ad by Woodfast pushing their machinery, so it appears they will be in the market "side by side".

OLDPHART
9th January 2008, 06:22 PM
Didnt Rixon buy Woodfast?

Jim Carroll
9th January 2008, 08:15 PM
Rikon manufacture the Woodfast products.

Robo1
10th January 2008, 07:09 AM
Yep
I saw a woodfast lathe and a disk sand er in the Brisbane showroom early december. I liked their old colour better.
Rob...

Big Shed
10th January 2008, 08:56 AM
Yep
I saw a woodfast lathe and a disk sand er in the Brisbane showroom early december. I liked their old colour better.
Rob...

The yellow on the tablesaw (with sliding table) I saw was much brighter than on that picture. The yellow ion the lathe n the picture suggest a colur similar to the Powermatic yellow, the yellow I saw was very much brighter, almost like a darker canary yellow.

Carbatec also has changed the colour scheme on their own brand machinery, also shown in the latest AWW.

SAISAY
10th January 2008, 10:16 PM
Picked up this months' issue of AWW and saw an ad by Carbatec announcing they now stock and sell Woodfast machinery.

This ties in with me spotting a Woodfast tablesaw in their Springvale showroom a couple of months ago.

In the same issue there is also an ad by Woodfast pushing their machinery, so it appears they will be in the market "side by side".
Probably because Carbatec is not in SA YET :p
The Carbatec advert shows a Woodfast tablesaw but Woodfast's does not and they do not have any on their website neither :?

The yellow on the tablesaw (with sliding table) I saw was much brighter than on that picture
Any opinion on the saw in the advert?
I am considering a tablesaw but am running out of room in my 6m x 3 m converted carport and this size looks like I can accomodate it.
Wolffie

Big Shed
10th January 2008, 10:36 PM
Probably because Carbatec is not in SA YET :p
The Carbatec advert shows a Woodfast tablesaw but Woodfast's does not and they do not have any on their website neither :?

Any opinion on the saw in the advert?
I am considering a tablesaw but am running out of room in my 6m x 3 m converted carport and this size looks like I can accomodate it.
Wolffie

Sorry Wolffie, I registered it as a curiosity, but having gone through a fairly exhaustive selection process to find my "ideal" TS, I really wasn't that interested. From memory it was around the $1100 mark, but apart from the fact that it had a (small) sliding table I can't tell you much more.

markharrison
10th January 2008, 11:17 PM
You have to wonder for how long. Carbatec certainly have form in dropping brands!