PDA

View Full Version : TV remote holder

whitewood
10th January 2008, 01:35 PM
My good wife wanted something to go on the table between our recliners to tidy up the remotes etc. We came up with this idea which also incorporates the magazines. I am not a wood worker and made the box using a thicknesser, a cheap mitre saw and a hammer so don't critize the workmanship.:no: She is very happy with the end result.

The box is approx. 320mm long x 110mm wide and 130mm high. This size works for us. I used Paulownia only because I grow and mill it and there is plenty in the shed.

I posted this in the forum as it is simple to make and a practical article for the house. For those members inclined there may even be an interest for them at the local markets.

RufflyRustic
10th January 2008, 02:48 PM
Geez, 5 remotes!! :oo:Who wouldn't be happy with it!:) Just gotta remember to use the holder now :rolleyes::wink: :D You don't find the magazines cause it to tip over, do you?

cheers
Wendy

whitewood
10th January 2008, 06:27 PM
Wendy,

In answer your specific question - no the magazines do not cause it to tip over. The weight of the remotes seems to provide the extra stability.

bitingmidge
10th January 2008, 07:38 PM
I reckon you're a woodworker now John!

This probably wins the prize for the most dainty thing ever built using a bandsaw mill!

P
:D:D:D

patty
10th January 2008, 08:57 PM
mate top idea I tried that 5 years ago and no one ever used it remotes should come with chain on them like pens at banks desk! good effort all the same

RufflyRustic
11th January 2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks Whitewood.