My new addition. Jessika Lee.

oges
5th December 2003, 05:34 PM
Congratulations :cool:

Dean
5th December 2003, 10:07 PM
Is there supposed to be a picture?

You know, my daughter's name is Jessica Lee
Strange co-incidence... even stranger is that I wanted to spell it Jessika too! :eek:

DanP
5th December 2003, 10:28 PM
There is supposed to be a pic but I bought the camera yesterday and still figuring out how to reduce the size of the pic from 1 MB down to small enough to fit on the BB. I think i figured that out now just trying to figure out the putting it on here.

DanP
5th December 2003, 10:34 PM
:D :D

Jessika Lee, born by caesarian (emergency, not elective) on 2nd December. 8lb 4oz. Mother and bubs well, Dad ecstatic.:D

I can't even stop grinning on the computer:D :D

Dan

Dean
5th December 2003, 10:37 PM
Congrats!
She is lovely.

You know, this means less time in the shop now :(

DanP
5th December 2003, 10:45 PM
Thanks Dean.

It's about the only thing that I'm happy to give up time in the shed for. Maybe SWMBO knows this. IT"S A CONSPIRACY!!:D

Dan

silentC
5th December 2003, 11:43 PM
Congratulations.

Before you know it, she'll be talking back and giving you cheek, but she'll still have you wrapped around her finger!! I remember when my girl was born. I walked around grinning like an idiot for weeks. People must've thought I was simple but I didn't care.

Enjoy...

Driver
6th December 2003, 11:05 AM
Congratulations, Dan. She's a little honey.

I've got one just like her but mine's 25 years old now. I still feel the same way about her as you do about your new one!

Here's some useful information, gleaned from a quarter of a century of parenthood and careful observation (I have a son, too):-

The female versions are fully mature women at birth and we male ones never grow up.

If you keep this in mind it won't prevent you from stuffing up but it might console you because it'll help you realise that you've got no chance of ever understanding them!

Congratulations again.

Col

Dean
6th December 2003, 03:37 PM
Well said Driver. Couldn't agree more! (based on experience of course) :)

Wongo
9th December 2003, 01:09 PM
Congratulations, she is beautiful. Is she you first?

Now you have the privilege to see them grow and change day by day.

All the best

Scott

arose62
9th December 2003, 04:31 PM
Congrats!

My two cents worth of advice is teach her sign language once she hits 6 months old.

We started with our daughter at about 10 months (which is when I found www.signwithme.com), and she picked it up straight away. Frustration (both hers and ours) dropped noticeably once we stopped trying to guess why she was whingeing, and she started signing for milk/water/biscuit/peas/more/.....

And, if you're wondering, neither our daughter nor anyone else in the family has any hearing or speech problem - the sign language fits in when they have enough control over their hands to communicate, but not yet enough control over lips, tongue & vocal cords.

Cheers,
Andrew

DanP
9th December 2003, 11:08 PM
Thanks all,

One week on and I'm still amazed by her. I gave up on understanding her the minute I knew she was a she. Best bit is, she only wakes once a night and I get plenty of beauty sleep. God knows I need it. Yes she is my first. Thanks again for all the well wishes and advice. All the best,

Dan