PDA

View Full Version : Removing Pet Urine Odour

glock40sw
11th January 2008, 05:37 PM
G'day All.

With all the wet weather we have been having up here, The dogs have been Pizzin close to the house rather than down the back yard. They don't like getting wet apparently.
Does anyone know of a product that will cover the odour or remove it?

I have tried Eucalyptus oil but it doen't last long enough.

Thanks.

tea lady
11th January 2008, 05:56 PM
I got this stuff from the vet's when I was toilet training the pooch. (Funny things aren't they. Won't go on the wet grass to wee but then hurtles through the mud with gay abandon.) Anyway, the stuff is called "Animal Odour Eliminator" from a company called Bac to Nature. It seems to work well. Visitors haven't complained of smells or anything. Only dog hair.
They have a web sight- http://www.bactonature.com.au (http://www.bactonature.com.au/)

abitfishy
11th January 2008, 06:27 PM
To stop them pizzin, as you put it, close to the house, sprinkle dog bikkies close to the house. They usually won't do their business were they associate wih food. But don't do it once, do it over a couple of days. Some dogs are disgusting and will still do it though. :)

echnidna
11th January 2008, 06:36 PM
Bottle of whisky will solve the problem.
The smell will remain, but you won't give a hang about it :D

OLDPHART
11th January 2008, 07:18 PM
Dog rocks

glock40sw
11th January 2008, 10:30 PM
Dog rocks

As in throw them at the dog???

journeyman Mick
11th January 2008, 11:31 PM
trevor,
Nilodor (available from most supermarkets) works really well, just don't use too much.

Mick

OLDPHART
11th January 2008, 11:33 PM
Dont be Uncle Willy! No,they sell them in pet shops,neutralises their urine or something so it does not kill your grass,I think myself it is only blue metal,could be wrong.Place in their drinking water bowl.:;

malb
12th January 2008, 02:23 PM
White vinegar is good for clearing cat pee odour in the house. Haven't had a dog for years so not sure, but cheap and easy to find so may be worth trying.

Rinse over are with fresh water to dilute salts and acid as much as possible, then wipe over with a rag well dampened with white vinegar.

glock40sw
12th January 2008, 04:56 PM
G'day All.
Thanks for the replies.

I have wiped some Eucalytpus oil all over the area where they were Pizzin.
It has masked the smell great. Now that it is dry outside, they are happy to go out there again.
I will get some Nilodor to try.

Will also try the white vinegar.

Dog Rocks?.... I'll check them out.

tarn
6th May 2008, 12:51 AM
Hi

A vet friend of mine told me the best & cheapest way to get rid of cat pee smell (and presumably dog pee) is using Biozet enzyme clothes washing powder available at the supermarket. They used to use it in their vet practice. The enzymes break down the compounds that make the smell & its a heck of a lot cheaper at about $7 a box compared with about $17 for some of the sprays which don't last very long.

Best of luck getting fresher air.

Cheers,
tarn