PDA

View Full Version : Churchill in Red Mallee

Simomatra
12th January 2008, 03:46 PM
A Churchill in red mallee with a sterling silver kit.

this is my first attempt at the Rustin's clear plastic finish:2tsup: I am happy with the first attempt practice will help

DJ’s Timber
12th January 2008, 04:13 PM
Very nice Sam, can't quite see it properly :doh:, so will need you to post it to me to so I can inspect it closer :U

plomanto
12th January 2008, 05:14 PM
Very nice

PenTurner
12th January 2008, 05:33 PM
don't post it to DJ, you might not get it back, with me its guaranteed!:rolleyes:, mighty fine pen Sam, think you needed to use the "Macro" on the camera, the little flower symbol. Amos:)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th January 2008, 05:35 PM
I've always liked the Churchills... I think of 'em as a "Grandpa Pen" for some reason.

The Red Mallee's a good choice with the S/Silver and it looks like the Rustin's came up a treat. :)

Simomatra
12th January 2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks gents.
Amos I was using the macro but I will have to use the tripod the medication they have me on gives me the shakes at times

I am happy with the first attempt at the Rustin's and will do some more practice

If you want to see the pen DJ you need to fly to Qld

Maybe we should change the name out here to "Grandpa pen", good idea Skew Marketing ploy:2tsup:

artme
12th January 2008, 06:12 PM
Nice one!!:2tsup::2tsup: Picture's a bit fuzzy.

NewLondon88
13th January 2008, 12:34 AM
A Churchill in red mallee with a sterling silver kit.

this is my first attempt at the Rustin's clear plastic finish:2tsup: I am happy with the first attempt practice will help

Wow! very nice! Was the Rustin's easy? I've got the link here, but haven't
gotten around to ordering it yet.

Nice timber, too!:2tsup:

kruger
13th January 2008, 05:31 AM
Even if the photograph is not net, I see a net and clean job. :2tsup:
A nice quality of realization.:D
And France is farther than Ferntree gully, Victoria .:B

celt40
13th January 2008, 05:43 AM
Very good looking pen Sam, Red Mallee seems to do well on pens. What is Rustin's does it do the same as CA?, but without the problems of CA.

Simomatra
13th January 2008, 09:18 AM
Very good looking pen Sam, Red Mallee seems to do well on pens. What is Rustin's does it do the same as CA?, but without the problems of CA.

Rustins is a 2 part clear plastic finish without the smell of CA. It comes from the UK so will be available there.

Some links
http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=63487&highlight=rustins

http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=64290&highlight=rustins

Froggie40 has a pdf with his method either PM him or me for a copy

Simomatra
13th January 2008, 03:27 PM
I forgot to give them a plug the blank was cut out of stock I purchased from Bushworker. They regularly have good quality timber for sale Nice people to do business with:2tsup::2tsup:

Evan Pavlidis
14th January 2008, 03:20 AM
Nice one Sam :2tsup: I'd have to say the churchill is a very good looking kit and just about any species makes it better. Nice finish with the Rustins too; once you start using it you won't go back to anything else :D

Cheers,
Evan

ciscokid
15th January 2008, 01:55 AM
Very nice. I like the kit, the timber, and the finish. :2tsup:

Simomatra
15th January 2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone, the pen is already on its way to a new home at Yeppoon Central Queensland. :B