PDA

View Full Version : I bought a Bosch Multitool today

SAISAY
12th January 2008, 06:02 PM
and I love it. :D
Never had a tool before that cut holes on walls so easily, among other things.
Wolffie

journeyman Mick
12th January 2008, 06:19 PM
Wolffie,
details please. Where from, how much and what about some pictures.:D I'm interested, I've been looking at the Fein Multimaster for a few years now but really can't justify the price for the occasional use I would give it so the Bosch sounds like a good alternative.

Mick

SAISAY
13th January 2008, 11:55 AM
Hi Mick
On special at Mitre 10 at the moment for $129.
Here is a link that tels you all about it.
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat=Multitools%20Bosch&product=63500
It is just like the Fein Multimaster Start but half the price.
I read about it in a UK mag early last year but nobody knew what I was talking about.
Don't know how I managed without it before, beats cutting holes in wallls for powerpoints etc. with a jigsaw hands down :D
Wolffie

Gaza
13th January 2008, 12:10 PM
looks the same as fein, but has the old blade lock head that allows the blades to become lose, the new model fein has changed this. The bosch blades are cheaper too.

there is a number of threads on another forum on how to make your own blades, if any wants to know i can do a how to.

We have a couple of feins my oldest is about 5 years old and only needed to be serviced once also have a new model as well, we use them almost every day at work.

SAISAY
13th January 2008, 03:48 PM
there is a number of threads on another forum on how to make your own blades, if any wants to know i can do a how to.I would love to know how to make blades. How about that circle of holes that fit onto the pins? Would that not be difficult to do?
One will only know by trying I guess. :2tsup:

We have a couple of feins my oldest is about 5 years old and only needed to be serviced once also have a new model as well, we use them almost every day at work.For the limited use mine will have, I guess it will last some time. :U
Wolffie

Gaza
13th January 2008, 03:52 PM
i would avoid using it as a sander as the fein just melts away the backing pad when you apply an puressure, cutting is no problem,

what size is the motor in it,

SAISAY
13th January 2008, 03:59 PM
I have more sanders than I can throw a stick at so I doubt I would use it for sanding.
180 watts.
Wolffie

SAISAY
13th January 2008, 04:00 PM
Stepless electronics for variable speed of 15,000 - 21,000rpm.

jerryc
14th January 2008, 06:32 PM
The Fein mutimaster is the most UNDERRATED tool around. One job I had to do was to rebate a wood section under a plaster cove so plasterboard would sit flush with the cove. Couldn't chisel it because vibration would fracture the plaster. Used straight sided blade which acted like a chisel and job done in no time. Architect friend borrowed it to cut a groove in a wood pillar between two old lead light windows so he could run a wire down it. Job done without trauma and he promptly went out and bought one for himself.
As for sanding it's brilliant. A test on an American site ended with the guy saying his B***h was now a door stop. Before that he had found the vibration excessive in the other machine. Try sanding right into a corner and you'll find there's no hammering against the wood as there is with cheaper machines.
I must confess that my first sanding was not a success. I found the sander built up heat and melted the backing pad. Found that all that was needed was to put NO pressure on the multimaster. just the weight of the machine is enough the sandpaper does the work if you let it.

I've got to make it very clear I have no connection with the company at all.

Jerry

Everyone is entitled to my opinion

SAISAY
14th January 2008, 07:53 PM
Of course, if one is a professional, one does not buy hobbymachines but IMHO, for the occasional use, the Fein would be overkill.
I really put the Bosch to the test today and it rose to the sound of the horn in the morning.
My osteoarthritic hands have absolutely no problem with vibrations in this machine, unlike other oscillating machines I have, that have my arms and hands buzzing for hours after use.
Guess in the end it comes down to asking
"Should I buy a machine I can afford and that will do what I expect it to do, or should I buy none at all because I cannot justify to pay mega dollars for something I will only use occasionally?"
I think my answer to that question is obvious. :2tsup:
Wolffie

ultra1
30th May 2008, 10:29 AM
Gazza could you please tell us more about making the blades for these tools or where we can find the information.Thanks Mark

bert1913
22nd August 2008, 01:17 PM
parts list:
1) fein scaper blade
2) hand held miter saw blade
3) 3 size.6 stainless phillips head screws
4) 6 size.6 stainless phillips head nuts
take a 4 1/2 grinder with a cut-off wheel and cut your miter saw blade into the right size pieces, then drill 3 offset holes in the scraper blade and miter blades, use double nuts to secure the miter blades to the bottom of the scaper blade. you can also grind the screw heads down to give them a more flush fit.
btw, you can always remove the blade and use the scraper blade. also you can use your old e-blade instead of a scraper blade.