PDA

View Full Version : Portland Kingy.

Stevenp
13th January 2008, 08:16 AM
G'day all, I thought you may be interested in seeing what we have been catching down Portland (Vic) way lately.
This is a 9.5 kilo kingfish (Held by firstborn) caught during the week. We got 2 on the day and were pretty happy with that.64572
Cheers steven

rgum
14th January 2008, 06:24 PM
That is a decent Kingie. :o Steve I told you about the 2 that I saw on the Lee Brkwall 3 weeks back on the day I arrived. They were no where near the size you got. Well done. They good eating?
How long to bring them in?
Would love a shot or two of the rig. Can you go up on the hill near the lighthouse take a shot of it from there as well?
When she blows in Portland.....she blows hard . Don't we know! Phew.
I'm still sunburnt Steve. ha he. :C
Went straight to Lorne to see SWMBO after must protest from her about deserting her on Xmas and on Nwyrs. Fishing at Lorne? Forget it. Snags galore. You aim for the sandy patches and still manage to find the kelp. Lost 5 rigs and a good large float. Bugger! :~ The pier is great but you can only fish off the end, left side to avoid the snags AND! It gets bloody crowded and arguments start. No way. Forget it! BUT! A friend cleaned up with 12 smallish squid. Took him just 35 mins, he sais. Gawwd.
Be down to Port on Labour day wknd. Wanna catch some Gars at the boat ramp end of Dutton way where the road turns to the left at the ramp. I'm told you shine a light at night and net them.
Love to get on the boat and try for a Tuna. Gawwwwd. Then I'll know what fishing is all about. Oh my aching shoulders, ha he.:C
Keep us( and me ) up to date.

Love the WIP. You got a big workshop you lucky bugger. Jealous too.
More pics please. And get on with it!!!!!!!! ha he :U
Cheers.

dai sensei
14th January 2008, 08:12 PM
Nice one :2tsup:

.How long to bring them in?.

Good question.

Stevenp
14th January 2008, 10:33 PM
How long ? The first one took about 35 minutes , as it was on 7Kg snapper gear, the second took about 5 minutes on TLD 25 with 15 Kg mono, a bit of overkill I reckon but fun just the same.
Tony.... in my opinion they are terrible to eat but a lot of people like them. I will take the camera to work tonight (Midnight) and get a photo of the rig from the other wharf.
Cheers Steven:D