PDA

View Full Version : help with set up

peterw
13th January 2008, 06:05 PM
Hi there everyone.
I have just made a big jump and picked up a second hand Mk3 to try my hand at a few home projects - cutting in a straight line will make life easier!

I wonder if anyone has come across the problem where the rip guide is obstructed by the saw chassis when locked into the table?

It stops the guide getting closer than about 70mm to the saw. Hopefully I can successfully attach some pictures, and someone might have an answer.

One picture is underneath, showing the chassis locked into the table and obscuring the channel for the bolt of the rip guide, the other picture from on top.

rileyp
13th January 2008, 09:22 PM
Hi Peter
The bolts of the rip fence on the underside of the table should stick out about 2 mm .and in no way should be obstructed by the saw.
All the triton mk3 manuals are located on the bottom of this download page:
http://www.triton.com.au/documents.php
Do a complete set up as per the manuals.
So you know its put together right and you will know how to use it to the best of triton's intent as well.
This is what I did when I picked up mine cheap:D
I was worried it was put together wrong or something may be missing
Then you will be armed with enough info to confuse us properly!
cheers
Rileyp

peterw
14th January 2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the tip. I have gone through the manuals and alsp retightened the bolts holding the rails of the workcentre itself (the table wouldn't quite lock in on the crosscut and had a bit of slop on top - both positions are now snug. Never presume someone else set it up properly!

The original problem - the nylon lugs that the saw chassis slide on have a seating lug that goes through the chassis when you unscrew them. I have turned all these around, which now means that the chassis sits about 3mm lower than before and the rip guide moves all the way up to the saw blade.:2tsup:

Always pays to have a critical think about why something is where it is and where it should be......

Now to some action.... bzzzzzz:)