PDA

View Full Version : how much plumber?

bingoshelley
13th January 2008, 10:51 PM
hi im building new house with kitchen 1 bathroom and laundry toilet all on same side to save costs. the block is 20m x 38m and mains is at back of property with house starting 7 m from front and 8.4m back leaving 22.6m from mains pipe. my question is how much should i be paying a plumber to do this work and is it possible to do your own plumbing or some of it thx.

journeyman Mick
13th January 2008, 11:19 PM
While you've given some measurements your question is still very much in the "how long is a piece of string" category. You need to get proper plans drawn and get lots of copies made. The you need to get people to quote on the works you require. You'll also need to specify exactly what their work will include, ie are they responsible for taking rubbish off the site, do they need to supply scaffolding etc.
It sounds like you are very new indeed to the owner building game and I'd suggest a bit of reading before you go much further. Apparently the Australian Owner Builder's manual by Allan Staines is a highly regarded text in this area.

Mick

bingoshelley
13th January 2008, 11:28 PM
thanks you are spot on i dont even settle on the land till 5th march i just thought i may be able to get a rough idea foolish me lol. i found a book for owner builders on the csiro website i was going to purchase that but ill try to find the book you said cheers shelley:):)

Burnsy
14th January 2008, 12:10 AM
Shelly, try byohouse.com.au for a good OB forum and some ideas on where to start and how best to go about it.

bingoshelley
14th January 2008, 12:49 AM
thx burnsy ill try that :U

bricks
14th January 2008, 06:20 PM
Here in S.A it's around $4000 for the plumbing to a new house, this obviously doesnt include your fixture selections.

Basically the drainage is around $1500-2000, the water is around $1000-1500, and the final fit is about $1000.

bingoshelley
14th January 2008, 07:18 PM
thanks briks i was told $13000.00 without fittings so i may have to move to sa

bricks
14th January 2008, 07:20 PM
Is that a builders price?

Does it include strom water?

bingoshelley
14th January 2008, 10:42 PM
no just the local plumber who thinks his in toorak not the poor mallee lol i dont know about the storm water thing what is that?yeah i know a bit of a dumb question i mean i know the storm water is in the gutter but is there meant to be plumbing from my house to that :U