PDA

View Full Version : Carnival

Ad de Crom
15th January 2008, 05:19 AM
In this time of the year, so in winter, it's the time to celebrate carnival in the Netherlands, and well in particular in the Southern part of the Netherlands. So also in Bergen op Zoom, in this town it's the biggest event of the year, always started the new carnival season with the ''neuzebal'' (nose ball). Last saturday this ''neuzebal'' took place in the event hall ''de Stoelemat''. It was very crowdy in that hall, and people has than to learn the new song for the carnival.
This event takes in total four weeks till the lent begin. The whole party ended with a big parade.
Our local TV and radio station, the BRTO, put a video on there site of the ''neuzenbal'', so my thoughts where that it would be nice it to share with you.
For seeing this video www.brto.nl (http://www.brto.nl) Click on TVvideo, and on the left you see the video with the titel ''neuzebal 2008.
The motto this year is ''alles van stal'' or everything of stable.

Have fun with the video, agge mar leut et,

Ad:D

Barry_White
15th January 2008, 09:34 AM
Just looks like a reason for a dress up and a Pi$$ up to me. Just like my crazy dutch brother in law.

artme
15th January 2008, 09:32 PM
All good fun!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

prozac
16th January 2008, 12:22 AM
Sounds "Belgium" to me.

gelukkig nieuwjaar Ad!

prozac

Vernonv
16th January 2008, 11:51 AM
I do remember the carnival season from when we lived in Holland, as a kid (I was around 6 years old). Was fun back then (30 years ago) and I doubt anything has changed.