PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to make a clothes rack??

caz
15th January 2008, 03:59 PM
Dear all,
This is a request for help. Im the Event Coordinator for a small charity called Evolve at Typo Station. We are situated in Collingwood,Victoria. We help out young men (14-17yrs) who are having a difficult time in life and give them a great outdoor experience on a 5 week program at our property Typo Station in Nth Eastern Victoria. We follow up these lads for 2 years also so our dedication to them is fairly evident.:U We have recently started leadership programs in schools in the Eltham and Hoppers Crossing areas.
We don't have government funding.
Check out our website evolve.org.au. and see what a great job we do.

We are having a large pre-loved clothing sale to raise funds on June 28th 2008. . It will be at the Collingwood town hall with a strong marketing campaign to get as many people there as we can. We hope to have 5000 articles to sell. I have trestle tables but Im having a very difficult time procuring portable hanging racks . :C
We would need at least 10. (20 would be a gift from heaven).A very simple design is needed and the ability for it to be portable. For example the two end poles slot into a base and the hanging pole is seperate.

I therefore wish to put it out there to anyone if they would like to assist us in crafting some racks suitable to hang 40-50 articles per rack. Im hoping their is a group in Melbourne who can source your material for free and hopefully donate your time and skills in making these for our use.
We would be more than happy for you to "Sign" you piece or advertise your business. If it is a group of people we will gladly add you to our marketing material as sponsors.

This is the first year we are having this very big scale Garage sale and hope to continue to it, every year. Therefore, the racks would be used year after year and add greatly enhance the way we display the clothes to better appeal to our customers.

Thank you in advance if you are considering helping out.

Caz

P.S. If anyone has any other suggestion of cheap(free) options I could use to display clothes , please feel free to drop me a line

astrid
15th January 2008, 04:07 PM
If this is a one off sale, I suggest you ask the local dryceaners if they will lend you some.
I held a mini fete after the sunami to raise funds and at least two of the drycleaners lent racks and half a dozen donated clothes that hadnt been picked up,
If you ask in the better heeled suburbs you can get some amazingly good stuff.

Good luck and never underestimate the power of the communities goodwill.
We raised 4000 in one afternoon and had loads of helpand support from the local community.

Astrid:2tsup: