PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane - Any need an Offsider for a day

Chooks74
17th January 2008, 01:07 PM
Hi I would like to see and learn how to use a chainsaw slabber. I live in Ipswich and would happily travel to anywhere nearby to help out someone for the chance to learn a thing or two. A few hours of someones time would be greatly appreciated.

Mostly I am available on weekends but I do occasionally work them too. With enough notice though I could make it on another day of the week.

Cheers

bobsreturn2003
17th January 2008, 03:11 PM
pity you are not near me near cairns ,there is a lot to learn . and superman would be handy to move the logs ..cheers bob

Chooks74
17th January 2008, 04:49 PM
Turns out I will be doing a few projects for my job up in Cairns Bob. I work for a bank in IT and travel around setting up gear for them. I will be up there next week for a day but have to work. But I will also be coming back up in a few months for a week or so to set up a new site so i may be able to set something up if you are able. Some time around March - April.

dai sensei
17th January 2008, 06:32 PM
Come to the BBQ at my place in Feb, see Woodies Events, we might have a slabbing demo going.

Chooks74
18th January 2008, 03:28 PM
Come to the BBQ at my place in Feb, see Woodies Events, we might have a slabbing demo going.

Responded in your thread...

weisyboy
4th February 2008, 06:32 PM
gday

if you are still interested i mill most weekends.

i asume you are refering to an alaskan style c/s mill and no a lucas slabber?

i will pm you with more info.

Chooks74
4th February 2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks weisyboy expect a call in the next couple of days. Thanks a lot for the reply.

Sigidi
16th February 2008, 12:49 AM
Chooks if you are still interested in OJT I have a couple of jobs lined up for bris-Vegas. I can let you know with more concrete details later?

Chooks74
18th February 2008, 12:14 PM
I caught up with weisy on the weekend. Top young bloke and taught me heaps. Bloody good with a chainsaw too.

I am still interested in seeing other types of milling Sigidi and even other blokes setups too.

And if Weisy ever needs a hand all he has to do is call me and I will be there after much driving on windy roads. That is as long as the wife doesn't let down my tyres with a knife to stop me going:p

weisyboy
18th February 2008, 12:32 PM
chooks

did you go home the back way?

it is always a plesure to meet other like minded forumites so if anyone wants to come and have a go or a look the they are most welcome.

Chooks74
18th February 2008, 12:48 PM
Nah went home the western freeway again. I will try other way this weekend when i drop back you rig. Cheers for that by the way.:2tsup:

weisyboy
18th February 2008, 01:33 PM
not sure if it will be faster for you but shure is more interesting and less strssfull.

Sigidi
18th February 2008, 05:13 PM
I am still interested in seeing other types of milling Sigidi and even other blokes setups too.

Chooks when I have definate timings for Bris-Vegas I will let you know, maybe you can PM me some phone numbers, and I will get in touch and give you as much notice as I can. If you're 'competant' I should be able to shout you lunch:D

Exador
18th February 2008, 06:14 PM
You're welcome to drop in and have a play when you're in the Archerfield area as well, Chooks. We're milling in our old yard at the mo, so no machinery, but some nice big logs. Won't be in over the coming weekend, though, i'm afraid.

Chooks74
19th February 2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks Exador I may take you up on that.:2tsup:

PM sent to Sigidi, thanks.