PDA

View Full Version : Redgum & messmate bed - photo's wont attach though

Eastie
10th December 2003, 04:20 PM
Sorry - images wouldn't come up?

Sir Stinkalot
10th December 2003, 04:36 PM
Eastie,

After you posted that pic of your mug I think Neil has put you on the black list :D

arose62
10th December 2003, 04:53 PM
Hmmm ... not just me then. I've tried a few times to post a pic recently, and had got to thinking maybe it was the work firewall.

Eastie
10th December 2003, 05:12 PM
Second try ......... no luck
Stinky, I think you might be right :D

Rocker
10th December 2003, 05:16 PM
Phew! Thought it was just me. I have posted a message about it in the Forum feedback forum. So hopefully a guru can fix the problem before too long.

bigAl
11th December 2003, 03:07 AM
It's not just you fellas. I'm a web developer by profession and it was doing my ego no end of harm to think I was stuffing this up...

Eastie
11th December 2003, 10:22 AM
It seems we have to wait until the worms are ironed out :)

Eastie
12th December 2003, 01:28 PM
Here goes - (for some reason the camera colors were a bit off?)

Eastie
12th December 2003, 01:31 PM
A bit better look at the timber bed head - cut from one of the old trees that was sitting in the padock for a while. The fiddleback goes right across and through - along with a few fairly large cracks. This slab was not easy to work with compared to others so it sat in the corner until I could find a use for it -

Eastie
12th December 2003, 01:35 PM
The last pick of the construction - knock down brackets recessed into the the side rails and dual 12mm floating tenons joining the the head board and toe boards to the legs -

I think I'll revert back to the SLR for future pics - the digital hasn't done much justice.

Eastie
12th December 2003, 01:46 PM
Forgot to mention that other than the red gum which I cut the messmate was recovered from a bridge up past Omeo following the fires - some of the decking nail holes can be seen in the side rails (not seen in the pictures) - filled with black beaumontage - the same as the cracks in the slab and the red gum legs. The finish is hard dewaxed white shellac followed by a coat of traditional wax. The design is my own (I hope?) and I was trying to get 'out of square', thus the taper on the sides of the bed head and outside edges of the legs.

Rocker
12th December 2003, 02:19 PM
Beautiful figure in that redgum slab. I wish I could get hold of some. I made a bed recently out of jarrah, but it doesn't look nearly as spectacular as yours.