PDA

View Full Version : Holiday

Jim Carroll
10th December 2003, 06:51 PM
The Blond and I are heading to Echuca for the christmas break and we thought we might get some points of interest from anyone who has been their before. As woodies we are interested in all things woodie and historical as well as the wine growing area. Thanks in advance for all help .

Sir Stinkalot
10th December 2003, 09:02 PM
Jim,

As its on the way you really couldn't go far wrong with Fairy Park (http://www.fairypark.com/) .... after a few hours of that it really will be all the holiday that you need.

Stinky. :D

zathras
11th December 2003, 06:52 AM
Hi Jim,

went there last Xmas. You should be able to find a couple of nice galleries along the Wharf area, strangely enough red-gum features in a few of the items :)

I quite liked a small coffee table they had in one, clean simple lines and the price seemed reasonable. Never bought it though as the ideas of self made items filled the head with inspiration.

Still haven't built one though :)

DanP
11th December 2003, 09:42 PM
Jim,

At the port of Echuca you will find lots of historical type stuff, the worlds oldest timber hull paddle steamer, blacksmith, wood turner and art. Red gum is milled locally (In Barmah and Deniliquin). There is also a wood turner and gallery in Barmah.

Try this: Echuca tourism (http://www.echucamoama.com/)

All the best,

Dan

Kev Y.
13th December 2003, 08:41 AM
Jim, when you get tired of looking at the local woodwork, make your way the the BEECHWORTH BAKERY in the main street..

Kev

Jim Carroll
17th December 2003, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the replys. Sorry stinky we went there a couple of years ago , had a great time on the electric cars. Heard a stupid comment on the radio the other morning that someone is trying to ban some nursery rhymes as they are deemed dangerous to children as the people in the rhymes get hurt , jack falls down the hill and breaks his crown , or humpty dumpty had a great fall, where is it all going to end.
The link to the tourist information is a great help. Yes brudda we are partial to a bit of pastry.

DanP
20th December 2003, 01:22 AM
The timber merchant on the port of Echuca has the cheapest Redgum slabs I've ever seen. :D

Dan