PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Black Mulga and Snakewood

BCWW
21st January 2008, 09:27 PM
Hello, this is my first post and I am desperately looking for some wood. I would like to get my hands on some Black Mulga, or some snakewood. But im not sure if im going to be able to find pieces the size I want.
They need to be at least 30" x 3" x .5"
I have a very special (and rare) wood that I am willing to trade but I will only let you know what it is if you can offer me some help.

Thanks,
-Eric Baumgartner-

prozac
25th January 2008, 03:32 PM
Pssst. I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

artme
1st March 2008, 05:35 PM
Welcome to our little sanctum BCWW!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Black Mulga? Haven't heard of it but that means nothing. I had some Black Gidgee which was so bloody hard I used it to turn HSS into special shafts!:D:D:D

I think you will find it difficult to get. Snakewood? which species of tree. The one commonly used by US penmakers or some other species?

CV Turner
1st March 2008, 08:19 PM
Welcome BCWW!
Some time ago I got some small Black Mulga blocks from Burls Down Under (http://www.burlsdownunder.com) and have emailed him twice to get more but does not respond. Phone calls are also not returned!:(
CVT

reeves
9th March 2008, 01:33 PM
Djalimari timbers in WA will have black Mulga in stock, or did have last time I got some, it being a WA specific species.

For the Snakewood try any of the exotic wood groups on the net, most now comes from South America or Surinan, just do a search via google..

cheeeers
john

rowie
11th March 2008, 12:50 AM
I have a very special (and rare) wood that I am willing to trade but I will only let you know what it is if you can offer me some help.
Sounds like someone has some MASUR Birch?:2tsup:

reeves
15th March 2008, 02:19 PM
Sounds like someone has some MASUR Birch?:2tsup:

ok Rowie i'll bite mate, what is it?
what help do u want?
what do u want to trade ?

rowie
18th March 2008, 05:47 PM
sorry Reeves mate, not me that needs help. I was just guessing what timber this russian bloke was baiting us with.

prozac
26th March 2008, 05:43 PM
Try these blokes on ebay - http://myworld.ebay.com.au/loulou70blue/
They are in WA and may be able to get what you're after.

prozac