PDA

View Full Version : Free Wood Lathe

Big Shed
25th January 2008, 04:47 PM
All you aspiring wood turners in Sydney, here (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320211354987&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:au) is your chance for a free start:2tsup:

Vernonv
25th January 2008, 05:11 PM
Technically not free, it will cost you $0.01:D ... lucky I still have some 1 cent peices somewhere:2tsup: ... if only I was near Penrith:(.

Sebastiaan56
25th January 2008, 05:23 PM
Vernon,

If you want it I'll grab it and hold it for you, 10 mins from my place,

Sebastiaan

Sawdust Maker
25th January 2008, 08:32 PM
I usually don't go that far on my holidays
but then again there is the new MIK store out that way!!!

abitfishy
25th January 2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah, thats the problem, Sutherland to Penrith and back..........BUGGER!

Anyone up Penrith way coming to Sutherland? :D:D

This would be extra good actually, I'm a keen fisho and wanting to start getting into rod building, and a lathe one can hand turn is great for doing the bindings on the blanks.....blokes on a fishing forum I frequent would killl for this too.

Oh well, another opportunity passes.

Edit: Hold on a minute, there are a tonne of cheap lathes on ebay, the basics aren't expensive at all. Damn it, that means more stuff on my list to spend money on......

Big Shed
25th January 2008, 11:27 PM
abitfishy, how many of those cheap lathes would crop up in Sutherland though?

How far is it from Sutherland to Penrith?

abitfishy
25th January 2008, 11:58 PM
72 km each way, most of it with traffic, not Bendigo country roads. :) And the last time I did the trip, it felt like it too :)

AV Elec
26th January 2008, 12:10 AM
72 km each way, most of it with traffic, not Bendigo country roads. :) And the last time I did the trip, it felt like it too :)

Oh come on, admit it. You just don't want to go over the bridge :;

BTW I live at Loftus :D

abitfishy
26th January 2008, 12:13 AM
Oh come on, admit it. You just don't want to go over the bridge :;

BTW I live at Loftus :D

Yeah, typical shire boy. :2tsup:

Have PM'ed you on another issue. :)

Vernonv
26th January 2008, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the offer Sebastiaan. But to be honest I don't really want it that much:rolleyes:.

I think I would much rather get a complete setup ... it would probably cost less in the long run. And a lathe purchase will have to wait as my tool budget for the year has already been expended:(.

wheelinround
26th January 2008, 09:54 AM
Sutherland to Penrith via the Bridge :doh: 115 km – about 1 hour 58 mins why pay all those tolls :no: when you only need pay one or none and cut K's by at least 30

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?daddr=Sutherland+NSW&geocode=&dirflg=&saddr=penrith&f=d&sll=-33.891507,150.928116&sspn=0.395566,0.6427&ie=UTF8&ll=-33.888087,150.893784&spn=0.395582,0.6427&z=11&om=0

abitfishy
26th January 2008, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't go via the bridge - still google puts it at 75.5km and 1 hr 14min each way! Forget it. :rolleyes:

AV Elec
26th January 2008, 12:02 PM
Sutherland to Penrith via the Bridge :doh: 115 km – about 1 hour 58 mins why pay all those tolls :no: when you only need pay one or none and cut K's by at least 30

People in the sutherland shire would understand what I meant.

To get of the "shire" (otherwise known as gods country!) you pretty much go over either alfords point, tom uglys, or captain cooks bridge. It is a common situation that people in the "shire" don't like to ever go out of the gods country. These bridges are boundries of the gods country, so my comment was that he just can't bring himself to leave the shire :D:D. I think my neighbour is like that. He complained when his worked moved from 10 minutes drive, to 20 minutes drive away. Now he has to go through a few traffic lights!

I know of a bloke who does really well in his field servicing equipment. If he gets a job outside of the shire, he doubles or tripples the price to make up for the inconvenience. If he gets the job, he still complains...

I grew up in hurstville council area, and moved into the shire 5 years ago. I find the whole situation comical, and enjoy reving people up when the opportunity presents itself:U:2tsup:.

AV Elec
26th January 2008, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't go via the bridge - still google puts it at 75.5km and 1 hr 14min each way! Forget it. :rolleyes:

It would be an easy drive via m4, m5, and m7. Lucky my toll pass is paid for me!

Problem is, I don't have room for it.

Sebastiaan56
26th January 2008, 01:03 PM
I have to say that us Mountain people are a bit the same. Now, Sutherland, thats just near Melbourne isnt it? Actually, we took the kids to see Sydney last year, overnight stay......

abitfishy
26th January 2008, 01:28 PM
It would be an easy drive via m4, m5, and m7. Lucky my toll pass is paid for me!

Problem is, I don't have room for it.

Yeah the motorways aren't too bad. You're right, we headed over to take a look at the Nepean a few months ago and the toll was hideous. Still, its a flamin long drive.

I'll keep my eye on ebay so I don't have to cross any of those nasty bridges! :U

wheelinround
26th January 2008, 06:41 PM
Oh what a lot of twadle you can skip all those bridges and tolls just go via Heathcote Rd beaut drive open spaces ok so you have Worronora Rv bridge to cross 100k speed limit Elizabeth dr and M4 Penrith.

Yes Shire people live in a world of their own.
Mind you almost put deposit on land at oh whats the name of it that sand fly infested canal place oh yeh Sylvania Waters.:no:

Dupmed on by avgas, wafting smells of rotting seaweed from Botany Bay, occassional smell of Kurnell refinery.

Soon to have the noise of an over priced water filtration plant humming in the background of landing aircraft.

Funny people those shire they hate westies yet they are westies themselves so the Kunrella's keep telling me.