PDA

View Full Version : Off to Vanuatu

munruben
25th January 2008, 06:33 PM
Going for a one week cruise as of tomorrow to Vanuatu and Numia so will not be on the forum for a week. It'a only a short cruise but it will be a break and a chance to see another bit of the world. I just hope the weather doesn't get too rough. :)

wheelinround
25th January 2008, 06:45 PM
Going for a one week cruise as of tomorrow to Vanuatu and Numia so will not be on the forum for a week. It'a only a short cruise but it will be a break and a chance to see another bit of the world. I just hope the weather doesn't get too rough. :)

John ships have internet access now days :D

unless your paddling that is :p

have a safe trip throw a line of the side and put your feet up. :2tsup:

Cliff Rogers
25th January 2008, 07:10 PM
Have a good one John. :2tsup:

Ploughing around the Pacific at this time of the year you are bound to see a storm or 2 but there aren't any Cyclones at present, that was last week. :D

munruben
26th January 2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks Cliff, thanks Ray. Will try and get on internet if I can. Leaving for the docks in 2 hours. Looks like the weather is going to be good for today anyway, sun shining, been for my morning walk so I am ready for action.:)

wheelinround
26th January 2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks Cliff, thanks Ray. Will try and get on internet if I can. Leaving for the docks in 2 hours. Looks like the weather is going to be good for today anyway, sun shining, been for my morning walk so I am ready for action.:)

Camera John don't forget the camera lots of pics

No joke books to read John :doh:

if you get bored go talk to the engineer's see if you can use their tools :D

Cliff Rogers
30th January 2008, 11:40 PM
I hope you like Rock & Roll John, there is a cyclone headed your way. :D

munruben
2nd February 2008, 04:12 PM
I hope you like Rock & Roll John, there is a cyclone headed your way. :DThanks Cliff, We actually had to divert and miss the cyclone so we didn't get to Vanuatu but went to the Isle of Pines instead which is an island belonging to New Caledonia. It was a bit disappointing to miss out on Vanuatu but was still a nice cruise and we had beautiful weather. There was a couple on board who were not very pleased about the whole thing as they had their wedding planned in Vanuatu so the poor girl was very upset to say the least. The Captain gave them a ceremony on board the ship as compensation for not being able to get married but apparently the captain cannot legally marry them. Don't ask me why. But they had this ceremony with the wedding dress and all the trimmings and everyone seemed to be happy about it.

Pic 1. is Welcome in Lifou (New Caledonia)

Pic 2. is some carved wooden statues on the Isle of Pines (New Caledonia)

Pic 3. is The Ship..(Pacific Sun)

Cliff Rogers
2nd February 2008, 05:02 PM
Good one John. :2tsup:

Spirit might be interested in those carvings for chees men.

wheelinround
2nd February 2008, 09:15 PM
Good to see your back John

Nice carvings did you ask
were they done with a chainsaw or hand tools :D

Pick any timber up :no:

munruben
3rd February 2008, 02:16 PM

Pick any timber up :no:Didn't bring any back Ray.. they have some strict regulations on bringing timber into Australia. although I could have bought back anything as it happens, Customs just let me walk straight through without checking anything.

munruben
3rd February 2008, 02:20 PM

No, they just grow like that Ray.:D

Good one John. :2tsup:

Spirit might be interested in those carvings for chees men.

You should have seen the chessboard Cliff.:)