PDA

View Full Version : HQ/HJ/HX wheel

neilb
25th January 2008, 11:34 PM
I know I can probably go the wreckers and get stung for a miserable old HQ / HJ / HX Holden rim and tyre but I was wondering if anyones got one laying around suitable for a spare on my 6 x 4 box trailor. Doesn't have to be flash, just a legal bit of tread and doesn't go flat too easily. I can pick it up South side of Brisbane / Logan City ect. The one I have at the moment goes flat after about a week and Ive already put another tyre on it but I think the rim might be stuffed somewhere.
Neil. :doh:

malb
11th February 2008, 05:38 PM
The used to use a thing called a tube in the old days, they were quite good at keeping air in. Cost about $10 these days though. Anything that I have with wheels over 10 years old has tubes, trailer with FB wheels, 30 year old + cars, ride on mower etc.

Car running 100,000K a year looses 4PSI a month on 1 tyre, balance less in a year, trailer with 3yo tyres and tubes hasn't lost any since the tyres were fitted.

Neighbours Trans Am has original alloys valued at $1200 each nowdays, all tyres tubed now as he can't keep tubeless inflated for more than a month, running or parked.