PDA

View Full Version : Borrow someone's drill press?

John G
14th December 2003, 10:10 PM
Hi guys,

Is there anyone on this BB in Melbourne (preferably west Melb), who would let me come over and use their drill press for an hour?

I admit this is a very strange request, but in the spirit of the silly season, I was hoping someone would be kind enough to accept a visitor...

I'm not in the habit of borrowing tools. The reason I need to borrow one now is because since moving to Melbourne, most of my tools (including drill press) are still in Canberra. I'm in the process of building a shed so I can bring the rest of my tools up.

Anyway, at the moment I'm making a jig and I need to drill some accurate holes in some 16mm steel rod. I will be tapping these holes, so they need to be accurate and vertical, so I can't just do it by hand.

If anyone would let me use their press, can they please let me know? I'll obviously supply my own drill bits etc. Even a few beers.

John.

glenn k
15th December 2003, 02:42 AM
I'm in Williamstown give me a ring Williamstown7375

glenn k
15th December 2003, 05:44 PM
To night or tomorrow morning is your last chance with me.

John G
15th December 2003, 08:49 PM
Is there anyone else out there with some yule-tide spirit? Don't forget that BEER is part of the exchange.

Unfortunately, I wasn't ready in time to take up Glenn's kind offer. And now he has gone away for several weeks.

John.

glenn k
26th December 2003, 04:02 AM
looks like you may have to wait for me to return
Glenn

John G
30th December 2003, 09:39 PM
No, it's ok, I got one.

One of my (non-BB) friends let me use their's.

Thanks anyway.
John.