PDA

View Full Version : Triton Router Table Dust Extraction

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:34 PM
Here is our Triton Router Table Dust Extraction setup.

We were about to build a Sturdee Router DC (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5607) but by accident found the pvc fitting we got to use on the WC fitted in behind the fince.

With a hot air gun and some shaping we came up with this design. The beauty is that no Triton parts were harmed in the making of this fitting. We can also still use the front guard. The only drawback is that it can't be used directly on the table as Sturdees can.

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:35 PM
Balance on round end and on square end, cut a slot with hacksaw. Heat the flap and fit onto fence. The slot with slip over the metal part of the fence. Remove and heat what is now the bottom and fit to the fence again and bend back of pvc down over the rear part of fence.

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:37 PM
View from front after heating and moulding.

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:38 PM
Make a simple paddle (we rounded the corners). Heat the top of the pvc, fit back onto the fence and push down with paddle. Needs to be at right angles to front fence. This makes a flat top so the front guard can be attached.

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:39 PM
Heat the front corners and mould.

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:41 PM
With the pvc mounted mark the half circle from underneath and cut out.

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:42 PM
Drill and screw self-tapper into metal at rear of fence. This will hold it firm and front is wedge at front.

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:43 PM
Front view showing guard fitted.

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:45 PM
View from above showing guard

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:46 PM
Finished. View from front.

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:48 PM
Finished: View from side

stephenmeddings
15th December 2003, 02:49 PM
Finished: Straight-on view

ArianAgain
25th January 2006, 08:50 AM
I know this posting is a little old now, but it was so helpful I just had to reply! I followed your instructions Stephen and it turned out just how I wanted. This forum is simply outstanding! So many of my questions and problems get answered/solved from it - thanks!

stephenmeddings
20th February 2006, 03:09 PM
Well done ArianAgain. I'm glad it all made sense.

Stephen