PDA

View Full Version : up for comment

bowl-basher
28th January 2008, 01:36 PM
G'day all
I am a new member an enjoy the comments on submited pics.
This is my first atempt at a segmented bowl the base and top rim are Purple heart ane the segments are Canadian rock maple with the radials in end grain Zebrano
the finish is 2 coats of friction shellawax I welcome all comments

ss_11000
28th January 2008, 02:07 PM
i like it:2tsup:. you got some nice colouring out of the purple heart. i do however think that the purpleheart in the bottom is a bit to big looking from the top but it seems just right looking at the angle ( pic 2 ) :)

wheelinround
28th January 2008, 04:23 PM
Welcome BB nice bowl that Purple Heart sure stands out looks good:2tsup:

artme
28th January 2008, 06:27 PM
Nice work. Good shape and use of colour. I think I would have used just a little less PH.:):):)

Hardenfast
28th January 2008, 08:23 PM
Excellent work BB. In fact I think you must have found the same pattern I did to have a go at your first segmented piece. Here's a pic of mine:

A little more subtle in contrasting timbers than yours, but exactly the same setout. Fascinating stuff, isn't it? Not attempting to hijack your thread, but the my post on this piece is here, just to give you a bit of background:

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=518865#post518865

By the way, where did you get those exotic timbers you have used? I'm on the hunt for some uniquely different sticks at the moment. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to your next piece, maybe this time with some WIP.

Regards. Wayne

bowl-basher
29th January 2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the comments Wayne
I fount the idea on the net not sure where
All the timber came from Trend Timbers at mulgrave
rergards
Graham:U