PDA

View Full Version : grasshopper escapement

nine fingers
30th January 2008, 04:42 PM
Wanted, plans, details, drawings or any information on making a Grasshopper escapement for a wooden geared clock.
This will be my next challenge.
Maybe Hobbyhorse , Pomare or some other forum member can help.
in anticipation :2tsup nine fingers :)

Walesey
30th January 2008, 09:50 PM
Nine fingers,
Have you checked out this site?
http://www.peg-gear-clock.com/
It offers to sell you a set of plans for a wooden clock with a Grass hopper movement. (US$40)
I found it on "Google". Wikipaedia has an interesting article on Grasshoppers, too.
All the best,
Walesey :)

nev25
30th January 2008, 09:56 PM
Pm me your email address And I send you what Ive got

Also have you checked you Tube theres some videos on there

Hobbyhorse
2nd February 2008, 07:11 AM
John,
There is a lot of info on the following forum with regard to the grasshopper escapememt:
www.bealltool.com/clockforum/index.php (http://www.bealltool.com/clockforum/index.php)

Rhys

nine fingers
22nd February 2008, 01:15 PM
[/B][/B
Following on for my request for information on Grasshopper Escapements plans and details, I must thank Nev25 for the pages of information he supplied.
On reading and researching about Grasshoppers,they must have a maintaining power mechanism to keep the clock working as the weights are raised.
I ordered a book fron England ($83 aus):doh: covering grasshoppers and maintaining power. The details of grasshopper construction were very basic,and the maintaining power was electrical. Not what I wanted for a wooden geared clock. I've searched Google ,and found a basic sketch showing how it works , but would like further information on its construction.
heres hoping some one can help
regards Nine Fingers.

nev25
16th June 2008, 12:38 AM
Im wondering how you went with the Grasshopper Escapements

Terkhan
29th January 2012, 04:24 AM
I am a new member to this forum. Do you still need information on the excellent grasshopper escapement?

nine fingers
29th January 2012, 07:22 AM
I am a new member to this forum. Do you still need information on the excellent grasshopper escapement?

Thanks for the offer, but I gave up making wooden geared clocks, now have other interests. regards John.

jredburn
29th January 2012, 09:11 AM
Anybody that is interested, drop me an email and I will send you a 19 page article on how to make one. It is to big to paste in here.
Regards
Joe