PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Clubs

wheelinround
30th January 2008, 08:16 PM
I am amazed that this section isn't used more by clubs and there members.

I have had many forumites say to me and others go join a club etc but very rarely do they expand on personal experience or details or that of the clubs features etc.

Yet if they are members of a club this site would be an excellent way of gaining new members surely So tell us about them. give us their links.Notifications of meetings, times, contacts details or even admitting to being in a club.
I have spoke to a few members of Clubs and few are aware that this forum exists :doh:

Melbourne's Forum stall brought in a number of new members here.

Is there going to be a stall of his forum at Newcastle show???

Today I visited two clubs out west of Sydney and made to feel welcome at both.

Western Sydney Wood Turners 150 members so I am told with 3 meeting days a ladies day once every so often, displays raising for charities etc.

Then Augmented Turners Guild now these guys do exquisite work miniture turning one member has turned 22 goblets all which fitted onto a 5c yes thats right 5c piece, he's in his 80's and has one eye :2tsup: (This should be the Ornamental Turners Guild)

OLDPHART
31st January 2008, 08:15 AM
I think we have been down that track:(

wheelinround
31st January 2008, 08:34 AM
:rolleyes: :doh: Must be a long one.

:doh: As soon as I posted I shut down last night only to realise I made a mistake in this Post calling the group the Augmented Turners :rolleyes: it should have been the Ornamental Turners. :doh:

I was thinking tat every time I see them they seem to be arguing hence I guess the Freudin slip.