PDA

View Full Version : KAURI Wood from NZ

darley
20th December 2003, 12:24 AM
G'day eveyone

We did have visitors from NZ today in our club and they show us some Kauri blanks, great wood and beautifull grain. I just wondering if anyone in this forum did work whis it, and what it's look like ( I mean your personal feeling ) . If we want to buy some Kauri from NZ what would be the best way to bring it in Australia and what we will have to do regarding the custom. Thank you for your help.

Cheer

darley

jhunt_2000
21st December 2003, 12:12 AM
Darley, Hi, I was looking at doing a wood swap with someone in the US for a little while and looked at those very issues. As far as Customs goes as long as you are not importing commercial quantities you are okay. For Quarantine purposes you need to remove the bark, all dirt, soil, leaves,etc and visually inspect the wood to check for parasitic infestation. If you are in any doubt about parasites, woodworms or any other possibility of bringing bugs into our beautiful but dwindling forests, maybe think twice. Remember as well this is only what I was told by the agencies involved, check it out for yourself as well as asking here. Good luck.

jhunt_2000
21st December 2003, 12:13 AM
Oops I forgot; they all said to just post it...