PDA

View Full Version : Coopers European lager

Bluegum
4th February 2008, 09:33 PM
I've just bottled a Coopers European lager. Its meant to be aged for three months prior to drinking. Just wondering if any one else has put this one down and what did they think of it.

Jimbo2612
8th March 2008, 08:04 AM
I am just waiting for the cooler months. I have had some pretty unsucessful goes at various lagers. I have just put down a coopers premium bitter which is more suited for brewing on the gold coast in Summer. By my reckoning I would brew the larger below 15 degrees for optimal taste. My last lager had a cidery taste whcih means it was to hot. Let me know how it goes as I have the european lager sitting in the cupboard ready to go.

Bluegum
9th March 2008, 04:46 PM
Its about six weeks old now with four of that in the bottle. I had a few over the last couple of weeks and its not to bad. Give it another four and it will be even better. I will probaly do this one again though.

Buzza
16th March 2008, 12:23 AM
Jimbo2612, thanks for that tip. Disaster has struck, here in my South Australian abode. Suffering a drought and the heat wave record broken for all of recorded history, I've drank nearly all of me beer without realising it. I have one slab left . . :oo:

I was wondering about brewing something in the heat, instead of Coopers Bavarian, (My now preffered drop) and seeing as you claim C P Bitter can be brewed in the warm, I will put one tomorrow. Then another as soon as I wash the fermeneter out. :D