PDA

View Full Version : Bosch router for sale.

golfinggazza
21st December 2003, 09:10 AM
Bosch PDF400 1/4in router for sale. about 1/2 hours use. with guide and spanner $80.00. RRP new $180.00.
Receiving new router table with inbuilt motor for xmas. Did not have table prior hence little use or router.

nic
21st December 2003, 01:36 PM
Hi

May I ask what table you are getting ?
Does it have an induction motor ?

Thanks

Nic

golfinggazza
21st December 2003, 04:21 PM
I hope to be getting a GMC table {cheap but has the necessary stats to do the jog with warranty]. It has an inbuilt motor but do not know about whether induct or not to duct.

Cheers Gaz.

nic
21st December 2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by golfinggazza
I hope to be getting a GMC table {cheap but has the necessary stats to do the jog with warranty]. It has an inbuilt motor but do not know about whether induct or not to duct.

Cheers Gaz.

Hi Gaz

The induction motor things relates to the type of motor used, universal motors usually used in routers, hand held tools are very noisy, induction motors, found in "proper" table saws are much quiter.
I get annoyed by the noise created by my router in the table and would like to find a small spindle moulder (like a router in a table) that uses an induction motor.

That's why I was asking

Cheers

Nic

Stuart
22nd December 2003, 09:00 AM
Gaz- you might regret getting rid of the handheld router... granted it has seen little use so far, but once you start using the table router, you may find that routing in general becomes a much greater component of your woodworking, and then you'll really miss being able to do some work handheld.....

Just a thought.

golfinggazza
22nd December 2003, 10:17 PM
Thanks and a good thought. More a budget decision than anything. If only the budget were a little bigger I could have lots of toys.
Thanks again and may your xmas and new year be extra special for you and yours.

Garry Farmer.

glenn k
26th December 2003, 01:07 AM
Gary I thought furphy tanks were from Shepparton.
I would keep small router aswell sometimes it is so much easier to use a hand held. $80 is not a lot, I was thinking of buying it but I'm in Berlin at present with a ßµäö§ German keyboard.

golfinggazza
26th December 2003, 08:50 AM
Good to know that someone is aware of Furphy tanks. I knew that they were based somewhere North of Frankston on the other side of "The great Divide" and now that you mention it Shepp. rings true. Does your #*&^% keyboard put out a good tune or ???. I am almost convinced now that I should keep my hand held. Cannot find how to edit my signature but will amend a.s.a.p

Keep safe and well in Berlin and wherever your travels will lead you.
Garry F.

stephenmeddings
27th December 2003, 10:07 PM
I'm originally from Shepparton and yes Furphy's are from Shepparton. They still actually make those water tanks among other things. My Grandfather used to always recite that saying so I know it well. It was on the end of the original tanks.