PDA

View Full Version : Eureka Canoe Building Record. THE MAN builds one in 2 weeks

theman
5th February 2008, 09:35 PM
Hi Guys, Ihave just finished building Eureka 155 and paddles and am extremely happy so far. My build time was approx. 60 hours over 2 weeks ( I tend to work fairly quickly) and we put it in the water on Saturday 2 February 2008 and the most important fact is that my wife Sophie enjoyed every moment. Now looking forward to our next trip,
A little tired at the end as we paddled about 15/16 klms all up.Will post some build photos shortly.

Great plans Mik and very easy to follow, thank you.:2tsup:

Boatmik
5th February 2008, 10:32 PM
hahaha - that's wonderful! Glad that everyone enjoyed themselves as much as you did.

I'm starting to think there is a natural affinity between wives and canoes. They often are not quite sure about what is happening while the building happens, but once it is launched they get pretty excited about the whole thing.

Of course this might be a stereotype :-)

Anyway you now hold the record for building a Eureka!

2 weeks to water.

You are "the man" indeed!

theman
6th February 2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for that Mik, Here are a few photos, I hope I have attached them correctly.

Regards
Ralph

robhosailor
6th February 2008, 07:46 PM
:):):)Fantastic!
Great boat! Thanks for photos!

bitingmidge
11th February 2008, 04:10 PM
No NO NO NO!

The record is ten years or so..... :D:D:D

Are you a player or a stayer??

Great work, one day I'm going to have a canoe just like that!

P
:D

theman
11th February 2008, 06:25 PM
Hi Bitingmidge,

I'm a stayer and have currently started building an outrigger to keeep my wife happy, she gets a little nervous when the eureka rocks a little. I will keep you posted on my progress and success and the water.

Ralph:2tsup::D

Boatmik
11th February 2008, 11:17 PM
So you are THAT Ralph!!! (we have been corresponding)

Consider using the boat in smooth waters without the outrigger too. Nothing like whizzing along near shore to calm a ruffled heart!

Best wishes
MIK

theman
12th February 2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks for outrigger cross beam plans Mik, greatly appreciated.

I am looking at a couple of alternate ways of attaching the crossbeams to the canoe so that they are easily removed when necessary, If successful I will post some photos when finished.

I have finished the pontoon and have glued, shaped and clamped the cross beams so tomorrow I can look at matching the beams to the pontoon and canoe.

Many thanks:2tsup::roll::D

gdf26562
14th August 2009, 05:01 PM
Hey, i was wondering if you had any photos of your outrigger, i have the plans and whilst i understand them, sort off I would be interested seeing some pics of other people, and if you have completed them how do they help to ease the wifes concerns.

Cheers
Graham