PDA

View Full Version : CNC BBQ - Sat 23 Feb 2008 - Melbourne

Greolt
8th February 2008, 09:02 PM
OK it's on again. Here is the announcement as made on CNCzone

Its about time for our 6th BBQ.

Nigel has offered to host this next one at his home in Wantirna (Eastern suburbs)

We would love to see you there.

As well as your food for cooking, bring something of interest (Preferably machine related)
Bring a machine part, something you are making, a picture, or even a story.

These days are a great time for networking and finding out what every one is doing.

These BBQs are a great opportunity to come along and meet some others who are interested in CNC

Usually there are a couple of machines working and interesting stuff to look at.

So make the effort and come along.

Greg

AV Elec
8th February 2008, 09:13 PM
Any offers for one in Syd en ee?

Greolt
8th February 2008, 09:28 PM
Grab a cheap flight and come down to where it's all happenin' :U

Greg

martink
8th February 2008, 09:55 PM
Any offers for one in Syd en ee?
We probbaly need to do this in Sydney too - mind you having said that I only have the basics parts assembling for a CNC but I'm working on it:)

Am sure that there are plenty of others who are for more advanced than I who would love to catch up for a snag and a game of backyard cricket in the park:)

Ciao,

M.

Greolt
8th February 2008, 10:03 PM
Here are a few pics from the last BBQ

Greg

rodm
8th February 2008, 11:51 PM
Looks like a fun day. Unfortunately even cheap fares from Perth make it a bit steep for the event.
Have fun and I hope you see a widgit there. :D

seafurymike
14th February 2008, 11:42 AM
For people who want directions, i think we will post it closer to the day.

6 BBQ sounds right
Benny
My place
My place
Nigels
My place
Nigels (current)

seafurymike
14th February 2008, 11:44 AM
Please note that this is open to the woodies who are just interested in looking at CNC and talking rubbish about anything.

Greolt
25th February 2008, 06:31 PM
The BBQ on Saturday went well. About 25 participants. Weather was good.

Vectric kindly sponsored the day with a copy of "Photo Vcarve" given as a door prize.

http://www.vectric.com/

We had three machines set up and working. One of those was engraving name badges as people arrived.

You'll have to look at the link for photos as this forum has pretty tight file upload limits.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52119

Greg