PDA

View Full Version : Teknatool TL1000

catndog
10th February 2008, 02:33 PM
I have returned to woodturning after a lengthy absence of working 7 days a week and looking forward to a weekend life again.
I have just purchased secondhand the above lathe which is in excellent working order but it is minus a manual and also outrigger.
Is there anyone able to scan a copy of original manual if they have one and email to me and if there is an outrigger for TL1000 going for sale somewhere NZ or Australia I would be interested in procuring. Later Nova outriggers do not fit my model. Cheers in advance.

joe greiner
11th February 2008, 02:16 AM
Many lathe manufacturers now have manuals on line (usually pdf format) for free download. Have a squint here: http://www.teknatool.com/support/index.htm You might get lucky.

Joe

catndog
11th February 2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks Joe, have emailed them and see what their reply is.
Cheers,
Terry

catndog
13th February 2008, 07:18 AM
I now have copy of original operators manual for TL1000 many thanks to Teknatool.
Still seeking outrigger for outer bowl turning. Anyone hear of one going for sale an email would be greatly appreciated.

weisyboy
14th February 2008, 08:56 PM
i have the teknatool 1500 and am also seeking the outriger system dont hold your breth they dont come up realy often normaly get sold with the lathe.

hughie
14th February 2008, 09:33 PM
do a search on 'outboard turning', out riggers etc. There have been several threads dealing with this in the last couple of years.
DIY info, some complex and some simple.