PDA

View Full Version : Next Vic turnfest - dates, program and arrangements

rsser
12th February 2008, 07:41 PM
Ok, people need to know when it is so following from the starting thread ...

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=66115

a couple of dates seem to be goers, so there's plenty of time to book flights or earn your domestic leave pass.

So cast your vote or suggest an alternative.

And to get details of where to come email me direct either from the user name pull down menu or at

ern_at_reeders(dot)net

It's in Reservoir which is about 10 mins from the Ring Road.

For the day, bring eye protection and maybe a folding chair (I've got about 9 so you can take your chances otherwise).

There'll be a sell/swap/giveaway table as usual.

Rodent and Fred have very kindly agreed to cater again for us, and Helen will do another fruit cake. To cover costs be prepared to contribute five bucks on the day. To cover the numbers, I'll assume that anyone who's so far indicated they're coming will be here. If not, pls let me know.

Cliff Rogers
12th February 2008, 07:51 PM
I'd love to but I don't think it will happen this time.
We are going somewhere the first week in March, not sure where but I suspect it is Tassie.
I also hope to make it to Brissy for the WWW show in May so, unless some magic happens, I'll be watching from here.

Waldo
12th February 2008, 08:13 PM
I'm good for either. :2tsup: I'll bring Skew, so 2 more seats available from Croydon area.

dai sensei
12th February 2008, 09:06 PM
My uncle died yesterday (expected - cancer), so I'm going to be in Melbourne this weekend, a bit earlier than planned. So looks like I'm going to miss out.

Sorry guys, have fun.

Calm
12th February 2008, 09:50 PM
Ern

The Bowl Saver turned up yesterday - tried it tonight, couple of little things to fix but it may be available for trial - have the tool post problem covered. (will talk to you about that later).

If Hughie cant bring his longworth chuck i have one (not as flash) but on the same principle as his (copied it in MDF instead of polycarbonate) and a donut chuck for the attendees that have not seen one.

Either day suits and just ask for whatever.

ooroo

David

hughie
12th February 2008, 11:28 PM
If Hughie cant bring his longworth chuck i have one (not as flash) but on the same principle as his

David all its gotta do is work and I am sure yours will be fine

and a donut chuck for the attendees that have not seen one.

Cool! cos mines too big to transport.

As to dates, the 12th is fine with me. But if push comes to shove I'll with the majority.

Sarge
13th February 2008, 04:10 AM
The end of March would be better, the local football starts on the 5th of April, but if it has to be April I'll go for the 12th, we are playing Reservior in Reservior that day anyway.

rowie
13th February 2008, 11:04 PM
Ern, a table for the lathe is no problem. I have the van to get it all, ( and lots of wood for us to turn into bedding for the lazy ones) to the turnout.

tea lady
14th February 2008, 09:15 PM
What's the situation with dogs? Will bringing mine cause a ruckus? She loves crowds and other dogs, and hates being left home alone. (She's not a poodle.:D)Also likes helping with BBQs.

rsser
18th February 2008, 07:29 AM
Dogs and people operating machinery is not a good mix TL.

tea lady
18th February 2008, 05:41 PM
OK. Dog stays home.

govarney
21st February 2008, 10:56 AM
Ballarat Woodworkers' Guild have put back their Wood & Craft Expo this year to April 12 & 13 so I guess if its held on the 12th it will knock out anyone from the Guild attending as they will be turning at the Expo.
(i.e. me :weeping: )

rsser
21st February 2008, 05:18 PM
B*mmer.

Anyone else affected?

Waldo
21st February 2008, 08:32 PM
B*mmer.

Anyone else affected?

:no:

WOODY70
1st March 2008, 09:55 AM
Hello to the group organising the Turnfest in Victoria.
May I suggest a name change for your event.:?

As you no doubt know that there is an event in Australia know as Turnfest.:wink:

Groggy
1st March 2008, 10:26 AM
As you no doubt know that there is an event in Australia know as Turnfest.:wink:Maybe so, but it doesn't attract as many turners :p

WOODY70
1st March 2008, 12:10 PM
How amny turners turn up at the vic event.:rolleyes:

DJ’s Timber
1st March 2008, 12:22 PM
New thread started here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=67888) with confirmed date and planned events.

DJ’s Timber
26th March 2008, 10:09 AM
For catering purposes please check the attendance list in this thread (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=67888) and if you can't now come or if your name is not on the list or you want to come, please let Ern know via his email (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=801).