PDA

View Full Version : your opinion would be valued

macklin
14th February 2008, 03:49 PM
First I am certainly no expert.

A couple of days ago I bought from Bunnings a 10 inch laser GMC mitre saw ($190.00) I used it once.
However i regret not buying the sliding mitre saw (wider cut and I can trench with it). Do you thing Bunnings will exchange it for the more expensive sliding saw. Yes I know i can go there but it takes 4 hours there and back which is a waste of time if they say no.

thank you

john macklin

Vernonv
14th February 2008, 03:55 PM
Ring them and find out if they will swap. That way you will know for sure (make sure you get the persons name).

We'd be just guessing:rolleyes:.

watson
14th February 2008, 04:07 PM
On the box, or the paper work....apart from the 2 year warranty......is there evidence of a 30 Day Money Back deal if you're unhappy with the product???

Wood Borer
14th February 2008, 04:18 PM
I understand your problem John but would you want to pay new price for a machine that had only been used once by a stranger?

Does Bunnings sell second hand gear at second hand prices?

petersemple
14th February 2008, 04:47 PM
I think most GMC stuff does have a "change your mind" period on it. If the box or manual mentions it call Bunnings and ask if you can take it to them or if you need to get it direct to GMC

Peter

macklin
14th February 2008, 06:32 PM
Thank you for all your replies

there is no mention of 30 day return. There is however a form from GMC which says "please note that if repair or replacement is reqired you must provide a valid purchase receipt"

dazzler
14th February 2008, 08:31 PM
My 2c

Make do with what you have for now. Save up for a quality SCMS such as a bosch or makita or dewalt. That way you have 2, a roughy for chopping to length and a goodie for quality stuff. :)

cheers

China
14th February 2008, 08:37 PM
Take the chance and ring, you won't be any worse of if the say no, they are not my cup of tea but they are reasonable. Just for interest to those who don't know Bunnings are currently building the biggest hardware store in the southern hemisphere on a disused General Motors Holden site at woodville in South Austarlia

NicoleH
14th February 2008, 08:40 PM
Completely agree with Dazzler. Go with Dewalt...good quality pay for what you require

robyn2839
14th February 2008, 10:08 PM
never had any trouble sending back something to bunnings they will refund no probs just tell them its not the one you want,bought one of those gmc wet grinders didn,t like took it back and bought a real grinder no worries.............bob.

BobL
15th February 2008, 01:56 AM
Yeah take it back - tell them straight - it doesn't do what you want it to do. I have never had anything knocked back when you are going to by something else