PDA

View Full Version : Mackay Rain

Gingermick
15th February 2008, 12:41 PM
I was just wondering how the other Mackay forumites are getting along? Graeme Collins, How's your area? We're OK here in Slade Point, it'd take more than 25 inches of rain overnight to keep us down.
Pretty amazing weather though.
I had the misfortune to be in Townsville in early 98 when we had a similar amount of rain. But someone was building a bridge over Ross Creek and had partially blocked it off, so we got water to the kitchen bench. It sucked and I hope no one has had this sort of trouble here. :fingerscrossed:

wheelinround
15th February 2008, 07:12 PM
Keep the tools dry Gingermick :2tsup:

& stay safe

Cliff Rogers
15th February 2008, 07:16 PM
It is an amazing amount of rain, more than the 50 year record, approaching a 90 year record.
Almost as much in one day as the month of Feb record.

wheelinround
15th February 2008, 07:39 PM
Even Lake Eyre is filling

bsrlee
15th February 2008, 09:00 PM
Sounds like its time to start on a few quick stitch-and-glue boats. Or maybe a few extra coats on those old boat shape bookcases :U

Cliff Rogers
16th February 2008, 09:22 AM
Even Lake Eyre is filling
Not from Mackay it isn't, that water is topping up the Pacific. :D

Andy Mac
16th February 2008, 10:06 AM
From where I'm sitting its hard to believe anyone's really copping any rain!! There's talk about it from everywhere, north and south of us, out west and on the coast. There's just this strip in the middle that's copped bugger all, nought but a drizzle! The main water supply dams have risen to around 12% capacity: http://www.thechronicle.com.au/localnews/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3762881&thesection=localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=. For the last few weeks we've had about 15-20mm each week.:(

All the best to you guys in the thick of it, mopping up.

Regards,

Cliff Rogers
16th February 2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah, it would be good if it could be 'averaged out' a bit across the country that is for sure. :cool:

wheelinround
16th February 2008, 01:49 PM
Just goinjg through some photo's from Mackay and Coast area's in The Telley http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,23816,5029554-17382,00.html

The one below has possibillities

Hope all area safe and dry

Yes Cliff Lake Eyre is a bit offf track was just pointing it out

Gingermick
16th February 2008, 02:12 PM
Luckily the Germans of the 1800's were a bit shorter than myself. I had to put the workbench on 200 series blocks to use it with comfort. :)
The water went half way up the blocks. Wet one tool box though. Electrical stuff all high and dry

Wood Borer
16th February 2008, 10:35 PM
It might pay to spray or wipe oil etc on your tools and machines even if they didn't end up in the drink because it must be humid up there after the rain.

Good luck everyone experiencing the flooding.

fred.n
17th February 2008, 09:41 AM
Hope you guys and gals are coping well up there
Best of luck with things

..........yes I know you've heard this before............send some our way

Gingermick
17th February 2008, 09:44 AM
You're welcome to it, but I think you'll just have to come over here and take it back with you:oo:

Still bloody raining.

graham355
17th February 2008, 08:48 PM
Hi Mick,
Do you know how flooded they are inland ? I have friends in Finch Hatton.
Good luck all.
Graham.

Cliff Rogers
18th February 2008, 10:06 AM
It might pay to spray or wipe oil etc on your tools and machines even if they didn't end up in the drink because it must be humid up there after the rain.....
We have to do that anyway. :D

Gingermick
18th February 2008, 10:07 AM
They should be OK, They didn't get the bucket loads that we got.