PDA

View Full Version : Storer Oars (the free plan) - the length for width of boats.

Boatmik
15th February 2008, 12:52 PM
I have noticed a few people saying that they are "not happy" with me (not here!!!) and my free oars.

They say the oars are too long for their boats.

The webpage that you download from says explicitly just how wide the boat has to be - 4ft 6ins to 5ft (and a little beyond maybe).

So if you make the oars and they are too long ...

Best wishes
Michael.

bitingmidge
15th February 2008, 01:59 PM
Perhaps you should offer some free instructions on how to make their boat wider, so the oars will fit?

P
:rolleyes:

Boatmik
15th February 2008, 03:02 PM
I think that is something even the most novice builder can manage without instructions from a professional!

By the way ... "professional" doesn't mean that the advice is better than anyone else's - it just means that it is paid for.

I often diatribe about "professionalism" which is a word used mostly advertising prose of little substance.

It is a bit like "Loyalty" those that lecture about it usually don't plan to offer it in return. If they offered it first they would never have to talk about it.

Either you do the job right or well enough or not - Amateur or Professional.

MIK

bitingmidge
15th February 2008, 03:13 PM
Now see there's the difference between you and me.

When I speak of a "Professional", it's to differentiate him from a tradesman.

P
:D:D:D

b.o.a.t.
17th February 2008, 12:01 AM
I think that is something even the most novice builder can manage without instructions from a professional!

just saw it end to end down the middle & glass in a widening panel. Of course ! :doh: :2tsup:

By the way ... "professional" doesn't mean that the advice is better than anyone else's - it just means that it is paid for.
I often diatribe about "professionalism" which is a word used mostly advertising prose of little substance.
It is a bit like "Loyalty" those that lecture about it usually don't plan to offer it in return. If they offered it first they would never have to talk about it.
Either you do the job right or well enough or not - Amateur or Professional.
MIK

If you ever get bored & feel the need for a "robust discussion" about this MIK, just mosey on over to a volunteer fire-fighter list, especially one being actively trolled by full-timers such as at SAfirefighter.com. I fully agree with you, but then I'm a vollie FF working for a corporation that lectures about loyalty. I may be a little biassed...
cheers

Boatmik
18th February 2008, 08:33 AM
B.O.A.T

I am sure your knowledge about that area exceeds that of many "Professional"s

:-)

MIK