19th February 2008, 06:17 PM
Hope all three days:D:D

NCArcher
19th February 2008, 07:03 PM
Probably just Saturday for me. :D

arose62
20th February 2008, 04:52 PM
Hopefully / maybe.

You see, we're settling on our new house at 11:00 am on the 29th, but I've been saying I want to go to the Newcastle show for longer than the sillysitters have been saying their settlement time.

I'm hoping I'll get a couple of hours up there, but maybe the excitement of the new house will overrule.

OTOH, I've got a $75 Lumber Bunker voucher that needs spending...

Cheers,
Andrew

ss_11000
20th February 2008, 05:45 PM
have fun with that andrew:cool:

but remeber, that voucher needs spending so you should do it at expo special prices;)

Toymaker Len
20th February 2008, 09:54 PM
We'll be on stand 258, looking forward to meeting forumites.

Scally
22nd February 2008, 11:24 AM
Saturday and Sunday I expect.

Looking forward to catching up with some of the locals.

Ashore
22nd February 2008, 12:06 PM
Proberly sat and sunday , don't forget your u-beaut hat and shirt
:2tsup:

BobR
22nd February 2008, 01:31 PM
Looking like Saturday.

ss_11000
22nd February 2008, 03:25 PM
Proberly sat and sunday , don't forget your u-beaut hat and shirt
:2tsup:
and if you dont have one. make sure you buy one off neil:cool:

Jim Carroll
22nd February 2008, 05:10 PM
Neil wont be at the Newcastle show.

Other more pressing matters have come up.

ss_11000
23rd February 2008, 12:18 AM
thanx for letting us know jim.

i probably should have looked at the list of exhibitors before i sed that....oh well, they can still order one thru the mail:)

hope the other matters arent to serious:(

woodcutta
23rd February 2008, 03:20 PM
Saturday for me - I expect to be out of cash by about 12.00- better catch up with Froggie before then

woodcutta

wheelinround
23rd February 2008, 11:00 PM
Looks like Saturday for me too

ss_11000
23rd February 2008, 11:19 PM
well, i'm working saturday till 1pm. so i can either get that off ( or swap someone for close that night ) or just go on sunday then comeback and work close anyway.

it looks like most are going saturday so i might see if someone wants to swap shifts.:)

wheelinround
24th February 2008, 08:06 AM
well, i'm working saturday till 1pm. so i can either get that off ( or swap someone for close that night ) or just go on sunday then comeback and work close anyway.

it looks like most are going saturday so i might see if someone wants to swap shifts.:)

Stirlo you need that hard earned $$ for that Lathe

Depending on which Macca's you might have a large contingent of visitors "Would you like Wood Chips with That" or "Would care to Up Size you know you'd really like the bigger Lathe, bandsaw, Table Saw"

ss_11000
24th February 2008, 03:20 PM
Stirlo you need that hard earned $$ for that Lathe

Depending on which Macca's you might have a large contingent of visitors "Would you like Wood Chips with That" or "Would care to Up Size you know you'd really like the bigger Lathe, bandsaw, Table Saw"

its only a $35 shift so it doesnt matter too much.:shrug:

lol...my maccas is 45 minutes away:D

wheelinround
25th February 2008, 08:05 AM
its only a $35 shift so it doesnt matter too much.:shrug:

lol...my maccas is 45 minutes away:D

Now thats what I like to hear a man that doesn't care about money

45 min in Sydney that would/could be like 5k's but in the Hunter it could be as far as Singelton, Tea Gradens not that they have a macca's but they do have excellent oysters & prawns, Port Stephens, Swansea

Ruddigar
25th February 2008, 10:56 AM
so, who's going.

Me.:cool:

All three days....plus a few hours on Thursday too.

Can't remember the stand number. I think it starts with a '2'. :rolleyes: But it's near the demonstrations area.

ss_11000
25th February 2008, 03:38 PM
Me.:cool:

All three days....plus a few hours on Thursday too.

Can't remember the stand number. I think it starts with a '2'. :rolleyes: But it's near the demonstrations area.
how many fingers are you going home with??:p

Ruddigar
25th February 2008, 10:53 PM
how many fingers are you going home with??:p

Two options here.

I can either go home with all 10 fingers, or nine fingers and a very red face. :B

I'm counting on the former.

ss_11000
25th February 2008, 11:06 PM

well. i got academy on sunday morning till roughly 12pm, so, i will head over after that. its only a two minute drive:D.

so, cya on sunday who ever is there:cool:

wheelinround
26th February 2008, 09:52 AM
:C Yesterday went to use the video cam and found battery had died wont charge

I know doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Expo but it does, was taking it to video demos etc.

After a couple of phone calls its going to cost $200 to replace the battery :oo::((

I have stuck it in the freezer apparently suppose to spark new life into them will try recharge after that.

If it wont then both Newcastle & Kiama shows will be out :C

My offer still stands Stirlo but I may have to mail them up or drop them in at Macca's :;

All may not be lost just spoke to Battery world and they have a boost system which kick starts the battery which has totally lost its charge so going there tomorrow and see what transpires. Best of all its a free service.

ss_11000
26th February 2008, 03:08 PM
hope it works out for you ray:2tsup:

wheelinround
26th February 2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks Stirlo looking good at the moment will find out for sure tomorrow when I go to Battery World.
The fellow there has a reset system apparently when they are either left to long or are over charged the board in the battery can have a hick up. If it works its FREE if not replacement battery is only $120.

ss_11000
26th February 2008, 11:59 PM
hmmm. i have no idea what day i'm going. mum wants to go with us now ( perfectly okay ) but she wants to go saturday and she hasnt made her mind up yet about if she wants to go for sure.

i'll be there one of the days:cool:

wheelinround
27th February 2008, 05:44 PM
:(:((:~

I'm out had to get replacement Battery

Thanks to Battery World for saving me $60 on original price of $209 from any camera store.

Stirlo if you PM me postal details I'll send the White Ash up can't see us getting up that way soon.

Or if your down Sydney/Moorebank way over EasterI could bring them over

ss_11000
28th February 2008, 03:39 PM
the weather isnt looking too good:(

wheelinround
28th February 2008, 04:59 PM
Just found out Stirlo has to work all weekend due to large number of people going to NC Wood Expo

DONT forget the camera Stirlo:2tsup:

ss_11000
28th February 2008, 05:45 PM
Just found out Stirlo has to work all weekend due to large number of people going to NC Wood Expolol...

DONT forget the camera Stirlo:2tsup:camera aye...yeah, if i remember:2tsup:

ss_11000
1st March 2008, 05:57 PM
well, got there just before 12...quickly rushed off to see the sawstop demo. very impressive:2tsup:

had a quick look around, wasnt a whole lot there.

then mainly spent the day walking around and talking. met a few forumites, top blokes they are to!

spent just over 250 in total on: a few pen kits, blanks, skew chisel, glue, rustins plastic polish and a few other things.

there wasnt a whole lot of timber there either which was dissapointing.

had a look at the jet lathe, the only one of 3 that i'm considering atm that was there.

oh well, alright day i guess, nothing special tho.

cheers

DJ’s Timber
1st March 2008, 07:36 PM
No pictures, it didn't happen :worthless:

ss_11000
1st March 2008, 08:17 PM
if it didnt happen, i want my money back then:D

wheelinround
2nd March 2008, 09:30 AM
No pictures, it didn't happen :worthless:

What DJ said

Isn't he the 1st one normally to jump on us old fella's about pics:doh:

They talk about us old blokes I even reminded him Take the Camera

:no: not even a photo of what he bought.

DJ’s Timber
2nd March 2008, 09:37 AM
Yeah, just slack you guys, not good enough :~ :q :U.

Just remembered, did our young Stirlo volunteer one of his digits for the Saw Stop or did Brendan have his hands covered in bandages from all the nicks :o

ss_11000
2nd March 2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah, just slack you guys, not good enough :~ :q :U.

Just remembered, did our young Stirlo volunteer one of his digits for the Saw Stop or did Brendan have his hands covered in bandages from all the nicks :o

i'll get a pic of what i bought to make ya's happy.:wink:

i volunteered, but they wouldnt let me. :(...the sausage barely had a nick on it, probably wouldnt even made me bleed::cool:

Scally
2nd March 2008, 06:04 PM
I had trouble getting a park on Saturday morning.

The sound of the Lucas Mill and smell of sawdust as I bought my entry ticket.
Lots of timber just inside the entrance. Said hello to Mal "I'll be back".

Inside was a good crowd but a few vacant stands.
The rain all week and massive storm on Thursday apparently scared a few of them away.

A small MIK stand with lots of Mag jigs. I think I needed one so I bought the fence with vertical fence. They were selling like hotcakes but managed a $2 discount.

The Gifkin stand was busy. Later I sat in on Roger's box making demo. Always good value. Greg and the local woodturning group were next door with boxes and box making kits. It was like the Box makers mutual admiration society.

Trend had the Rustins Danish Oil I needed. They had a few tools and Lathes but only timber for the turners and veneer packs.
They said Friday and Saturday mornings were busy and they made a few good sales.

Some bloke was trying to sell a saw.
I don't think it will be very popular. Every time I saw their demo, it wouldn't even cut a hot dog.
The blade came to a dead stop as soon as the sausage got close.
Amazing. No wonder they call it SAWSTOP.
I used to have a chainsaw like that.
They must have smashed a dozen blades.

Sorry Brendon.
It is a very impressive looking saw with a great fence.

Mr Mogi had a good range of sandpaper and box making supplies. I bought a pack of 10 pair of 8mm barrel hinges for $60.00.

We wondered into the Quilt maker hall.
It was crowded like happy hour at the Star Hotel. Thousands of ladies after the best fabrics. Pretty scary place.
Their quilt exhibition was excellent.
Peter from Toronto Specialty Timber Centre had some nasty looking burls.
I went back today and bought a Huon board and silky oak board from Mal. Bargains of course. Plus an order for a few more pieces.

All in all a good couple of days if a bit quiet.
If everyone had a good time there might be a bigger turnout of businesses and punters next year.

wheelinround
3rd March 2008, 06:35 AM
What varying views