PDA

View Full Version : Ryobi Table Saw?

riffi1
1st January 2004, 08:21 PM
A few months ago I bought a Ryobi table saw at Bunnings - good price, under $300 for a 10" saw. Decision was based on advice from sales guy there who had one at home and reckoned it was great (and much cheaper than a Triton!) One problem I have though is that the fence locks from the front, and even though I measure carefully from front and back as soon as I lock the fence the rear moves out of parallel by a couple of mils. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how have you dealt with it?

Thanks - ROD

:rolleyes:

DarrylF
1st January 2004, 09:05 PM
All cheap table saws have similar problems. Not much you can do ultimately to get a really accruate fence except replace the fence with a good one - or the whole saw.

Obviously you should set up the fence with it locked down - almost all fences will move slightly when locked down. Setting it up is a pain, but if it's solid enough it should lock down again correctly. Check the front rail - it has to be absolutely straight or nothing works. My first one needed packing out to work something like properly.

Not sure if that one extends beyond the right hand end of the table itself? If so, might be an idea to build an extension table to the right, bolting the extension to the right of the table and the front rail to the extension to stop it flexing.

I don't have the Ryobi - mine is a chinese no-name. You can see how I've set mine up on my site. You could do the same. Build a solid base bench and toss the bent metal stand helps make them more stable. Could also provide a mounting point for an extension table.